dating site 4 sp sufferers

shield

Just looking at the sheer volume of posts on here do you think it would help to have a dating site for SP sufferers? Actually I'm not sure women with sp have a problem finding partners just men. It would be very hard to face sum1 face to face aswell. But let me know what you think.

I don't know. I don't really even like the idea of online dating in the first place but I guess it's okay... And besides I think it would be better for people like us to find other people on our own terms. Well I don't really know for sure, I wouldn't use it, but maybe it could work.

4seasons

Hard to say. I've never tried online dating so I don't know what its all bout. What if the person lives in another country?

bleach

Banned
I don't see the value in a "date" that removes the physical immediacy of another human being, for several reasons:

1. It's catering to a weakness of mine that inhibits my life, and which I'd rather overcome rather than submit to.

2. It deprives BOTH of us the advantage of non-verbal communication, which is of UTMOST importance in situations like first-dating and early stage romance wherein the projected subtext of a conversation are just as important as the content.

3. It eliminates emotional/hormonal responses altogether, which sucks the spontaneity, excitement, and joy out of the encounter and basically turns into an adult version of passing "Do you like me?" notes in a classroom.

Humans aren't reptiles and we need the affection and nearness of "experiencing the moment" with one another. Five minutes of in-the-flesh conversation trumps a hundred thousand words of typed interaction. Internet dating seems to be trimming the process in an unfortunate and asinine way.

krs2snow

I hate dating websites and I don't see how SPW would be any different. I hate seeing pics. of people showing themselves off, too. Especially girls. Gawd! We seem to be the worst. I mean, is posting a seductive and/or half-nude photo of ourselves the only way in which we can draw attention to ourselves? What happened to having something to say? What happened to having an opinion? What happened to self-respect and modesty? I feel like sooo many girls are looking for approval. And a lotta times they're finding it by posting half-naked pics. of themselves on the internet. Guys are totally included in this, too, though! Also, I always feel pressure to "inflate" who I am on those sites and here, for once, I feel like I can just be who I am. I'd rather just meet someone of interest on a site like this because I was being real instead of trying to meet someone of interest on a site where I was really being superficial.

edit :?

Dave_McFadden

If the idea is to meet people with SP/SA online, with the goal of eventually going on dates in real life with them, that would be OK. But it wouldn't make any sense to have an entire relationship online.

Kien

To some of us, the girls' appearance matters alot. It's the only thing that can cause interrest for going further than friendship. I fall in love with girls' appearance, not their personality.

Carstuar

krs2snow said:
Oh, and if you can't spell, I'll have little respect for you, hot or not!
Hell yeah!

Kien said:
To some of us, the girls' appearance matters alot. It's the only thing that can cause interrest for going further than friendship. I fall in love with girls' appearance, not their personality.
I'm not even interested in people who think that way. Their loss.

scorpion

Why would I want to date, if I cant keep my friends How on earth am I supose to keep a boyfriend?

Argamemnon

Carstuar said:
There can be physical attraction of course, but for me that has nothing to do with love or falling in love.
I agree.. if I know that a beautiful girl has certain personality traits that I dislike, I can't fall in love with her. I simply wouldn't care for her.

Kien

One falls in love with pretty girls. Have you never fallen in love with some girls that you don't know?

Kien

Like in school when you fall in love with a girl in the parallell class. Hm?