Courage-So true!

ImNotMyIllness

This year I plan to expand my life by:

1. Either applying for a Masters or getting a job in a field that I love.

2. Dating

3. Meeting other people who have SA

4. Not caring so much about what others think.

Ithior

This year I plan to expand my life by:

1. Either applying for a Masters or getting a job in a field that I love.

2. Dating

3. Meeting other people who have SA

4. Not caring so much about what others think.

Looks a lot like what I want. I just have to find what I'd like to do for a living first.

Odo

Banned
I'm going to avoid setting unrealistic goals for myself, and try to stop worrying about whether or not I'm living life to the fullest.

Other than that, I'd like to be happy for a single week.

Silatuyok

I plan to expand my social circle, by being more open to meeting new people, getting to know my acquaintances better, and being less avoidant of people that I might be better acquainted with.

ImNotMyIllness

I'm going to avoid setting unrealistic goals for myself, and try to stop worrying about whether or not I'm living life to the fullest.

Other than that, I'd like to be happy for a single week.

Goals do need to be realistic. I agree with you there. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.
Being happy for an entire week? I think even happy people have a bad day thrown in there somewhere. I think being happy more than not would be a good goal but that begs the question. What do you plan to do to be happy? If only for a few days.

I plan to expand my social circle, by being more open to meeting new people, getting to know my acquaintances better, and being less avoidant of people that I might be better acquainted with.

That sounds good! :thumbup:

cbtrox

Such a true quote!! Thanks for sharing it.

I can say I want to be courageous and completely beat every single social situation that makes me anxious. Fortunately, my body always gives me concrete signals to recognize these anxieties as they occur, and I've come to know them one by one because I have recently learned to watch my own body and understand its behaviors.

I believe I can do it. I'm going to 100% recover from social phobia and become a liberated, courageous person.