conventions?? comic con, dragon con.... etc

davidburke

i'm wondering has anyone ever gone to a convention like comic con or dragon con? If so were you anxious being in a crowd and were you able to enjoy it? I have always wanted to go to one. :D

davidburke

i've heard a lot about this comic-con, what is it all about?

it started out as just a convention for comic book stuff but now its huge and its got everything, new movies and tv shows get announced and you get to meet all the actors and people involved and meet lots of geeks :D

Quiet Angel

I've been to an anime convention before--tons of fun.
You have SO much in common with other people & there's
so much to do. ^.^ I'm sure you'd enjoy a comic con.

Tiercel

I've wanted to go to a convention like that for years. You go in costume, and you can act accordingly. I mean, who wants to scrutinize and judge davidburke when you can do the same to his costume, and how that particular incarnation of a favorite character is different from the thousands of other costumed individuals?

I've always thought going in costume to something like that would afford one a degree of invisibility. Because no one will be looking at you. As long as you don't go dressed like yourself, it won't be you that everyone sees. So you can let loose and have a bit of fun. And if you make a fool of yourself, you'll only be the obnoxious Hobbit. Or the Stormtrooper who should have looked before taking the steps. Or whatever.

On a somewhat related note, my sister and her husband are going to a Renaissance Faire this autumn. They're getting dressed up, too. And despite having absolutely no period-appropriate attire, I've been tossing around the idea of going with them. I haven't mentioned it to them yet, since that would seal my fate.

But I've been thinking that maybe I should go. It gives me something to look forward to, a few months to prepare, and at least I won't be sitting around the house on one day (probably in October, I guess?). Maybe I can convince myself that it'll make for some good therapy. Even though "medieval" is more my thing than "renaissance." :rolleyes:

So if you have the time and the means (and the interest) to go to a convention, by all means go! Don't let your SA hold you back, and take lots of pictures.

:D

Rembrandt Broam

Conventions like that are great fun to go to with one or more people, but I wouldn't want to go to one on my own. I think it's an experience that is best shared. I'm not usually good with crowds, but I think it's different there because it's a crowd of like-minded people.

Mr.Moon

I've always wanted to go to an anime convention, but I've never had the money to do so, since the better ones are out of state >_<