Computers

Silvermite

I myself have personally wondered often how my life would be different without computers, I often think if instead of sitting at a computer listening to music I was outside sociallsing my life would be different. So if I never had a computer my life could potentially be very different :)
anyone else ever wondered about the same question?

Driel

I've wondered that myself before. I grew up around computers, ok so anyone else my age probably did. I'm on a computer probably 13 or 14 hours a day, 8O sleeping and the drive to and from work is about the only time I'm not sitting infront of a monitor on an average day. I even eat at my computer desk most of the time and use one all day at work. It does tend to make you wonder how you might be diffrent if you had never used one, but I guess the same goes for watching tv all day.

When I don't feel like doing anything at all on the computer I really just dont know what to do. I do alot of sitting around admiring my desktop background when I get bored with the computer. I guess when I didn't have a computer to myself I still didn't go out and socialize anyway I would find a book to read or something similar that I could do by myself :(

dzerklis

if i didnt have pc i'd be reading books. thats what i did before i got pc. but pc is more fun :)

LibertadIlusoria

If I didn't have a computer, I would just be sitting there watching TV or reading (and without TV, books, and magazines, I'd just be sitting there staring at the wall all day). Really the only "socializing" I do is on AIM/MySpace/message boards, and without my computer I'd have no contact with the outside world other than school. If I wasn't online all the time, I would really have no one to talk to at all and I'd be even more depressed than I already am. :(

shycrab

If I never had a computer,yes, I feel, I would be socially better off. For awhile my family just had Commodore 64 type of computers before getting a modern pc. More of my time during that period I atleast spent in town, out amongst people. Oppose to taking the easy way out by finding companionship, enjoyment,etc, via the internet.