Compliment Opinion

MsBuzzkillington

okay, so this is sort of on the same topic as the "do girls like to be called beautiful?"

At first I was thinking, everyone loves a compliment... but now I wonder, how much is too much?

So, I want to tell someone how cool I think they are. We aren't that close, but I have realized that he does A LOT for people and not enough people say thanks. He seems to put it all out there and everyone just takes advantage of him. He rarely even gets a moment to relax because people just always want something from him. He rarely even gets normal chat time. because it's take take take, want want want.

I feel like it might be too weird coming from me, so I am thinking of sending it from an anonymous person. Maybe so it's like a random cheer him up/make his day message... but it's not like it's *me* "kissing his feet".

I am just not sure it's its too weird to send it anonymously... like what if he does detective work and finds out it's me? eek! What would the reaction be then vs me just telling him straight forward.

Or, is the message too weird to begin with and should I toss out the idea all together... and maybe just say, "you're great!"?

Hey, I know you have had a busy weekend so I don't want to bother you. But
I just wanted to say something. I've been thinking ever since the other night
when **** was telling you that he appreciated all your hard work. I realized that I don't think you get enough thanks for all the hard work you do. It's pretty crazy how much work you put into doing the group breaks. Not a lot of people would do that, and that's really awesome of you.I can tell you get frustrated and it seems like people just want more and more. You definitely deserve a medal or something for it all.

Also I know I don't know you THAT well but from what I can see, you are one of the most generous people I have ever "met". You seem
to have a big heart and care a lot about others. I am glad that I stumbled into your room and was able to meet you.You are really accepting of people who come in your room and you don't seem to be judgmental. You treat everyone equally and that's cool. I don't think enough people appreciate what a good person you are. If you are ever having a bad day just know that there is always someone out there who is appreciative of who you are. And remember that you always brighten others days.

Then again, maybe you know all of this and I am just tooting your horn... haha. Either way, I felt like I had to say it.

Sometimes I get too cheesy, sometimes I get too weird. I just want the people to know how awesome they are.

So opinions please. You can say anything... if you think it's weird... don't be afraid, I need some feedback.

Aussie_Lad

Just hand him a note and then walk away. Then it is coming from you personally rather than an anonymous source, but he isn't obliged to say or do anything afterwards. This beats email too as you have taken the time to go and see him and hand it to him personally. The written word is a powerful thing when used in this way.

U

userremoved

Na I don't think it's weird. If this guy is really putting that much into helping people then he deserves a pat on the back. I know I would appreciate it if someone said all that to me. Whether to do it anonymously or not I dunno, that's up to you but yeah I say go for it. Besides if he did for some odd reason get weird about it (which I doubt would happen) you can make up some excuse about doing it out of the Christmas spirit or something lol.

los77

I hope you go through with it, I hate it when people like that go unnapreciated... even if they aren't doing it for the praise, I think it makes anyone feel good to be acknowledged.

Predacon

You could just send a card or next time he helps you out just say "Thanks man. I really appreciate you helping me out" or something like that.

mismeek

I liked it. I think you should go through with it. I would be touched if someone messaged me saying that.