Comfy & Shy

Littlewilly

Anyone here feel comfortable around some people & shy around others.
I know I have at work sometimes or elsewhere where I can feel open
with certain people & get sort of tongue-teid aroud others
especially with certain women which has always been an issue for me.
I can sometimes be working with people that I know & get along with
& someone else that I don't know would join the group & start talking to the
others & not me because I don't say anything & I automatically feel left out
& I don't like them for it & I start to feel awkward (an awful feeling) should
I seek help for it incase I might say something aggressive to them for no
apparently reason & then feel guilty about it afterwards.
Are you with me & does it make sense.:question:

hoddesdon

Yes, sometimes, depending on the person. I suppose the point is whether they are happy to tolerate "difference". Ironically, being prepared to do so ameliorates the very situation that others who do not find difficult.

Taden

Yes, I think anxiety is made worse by not knowing how a situation could go. If you begin to know someone, I think that builds a connection. You begin to feel respected and give more attention towards keeping that connection stable.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I don't really feel comfortable around people, not anymore, anyway. Just shy and introverted, which I'm constantly gettin' criticised for. Which is probably a reason for my discomfort around people.

anthonykell

Hi Littlewilly,

I know exactly what you mean. I think it has to do with personality: some just click, others don't. Then there are some who feel comfortable around anyone.

However, I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with it. Just be aware of it and try to feel more relaxed when around these people. From my own observations, when I feel anxious and awkward, so does the other person. I can pick up the vibes.

On the other hand, when I myself start to relax and think "I don't care what he or she thinks about me" the mood totally changes and so we both feel relaxed.

I hope this makes sense to you.