citalopram

miserablecow

I finally decided, that taking medication to help me. I was given citalopram (10 mg, to start with). Now I am reluctant to take it.

Has or is anyone taking citalopram, can you tell me your experiences with taking it?

(apoligies for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

planemo

i take a different SSRI called Paroxetine (Paxil).

i can't really say if it's totally different from citalopram or not. for me meds have helped hugely. i do take another drug along with paxil though, since my anxiety is through the roof.

maybe this site can help you learn more about it.

citalopram (Celexa) - drug class, medical uses, medication side effects, and drug interactions by MedicineNet.com

one thing though that you have to consider is whether taking a med will help you more than if you're not taking it, and of course the possible sides effects.
for me, i was in really bad shape, so i had no choice, and i have to say i haven't regretted taking meds. ask your doc what is his/her plan with giving you the meds, and whether this will include increasing the dosage or not, or if you can try them out for a few months and if it's easy to get off them if you see they're not really working.

Section_31

i was on citalopram for a while. it did wonders for my depression, but i stopped taking it and swiched to welbutrin as there were sexual side effects.

miserablecow

Thank you for the link...I was told the dosage of the medication will be increased.

I already take medication for other things and I don't tend to get side effects, so I know my body would probably be able to take it. I've just never really wanted to rely on medication.

I decided to take it last night, just hope it works for me.

i take a different SSRI called Paroxetine (Paxil).

i can't really say if it's totally different from citalopram or not. for me meds have helped hugely. i do take another drug along with paxil though, since my anxiety is through the roof.

maybe this site can help you learn more about it.

citalopram (Celexa) - drug class, medical uses, medication side effects, and drug interactions by MedicineNet.com

one thing though that you have to consider is whether taking a med will help you more than if you're not taking it, and of course the possible sides effects.
for me, i was in really bad shape, so i had no choice, and i have to say i haven't regretted taking meds. ask your doc what is his/her plan with giving you the meds, and whether this will include increasing the dosage or not, or if you can try them out for a few months and if it's easy to get off them if you see they're not really working.

ImNotMyIllness

I also took a huge step and started to take medication. I went to see a doctor a couple of weeks ago and was prescribed Prozac (generic). I never took SSRIs before and was reluctant too. After debating a few days, I took my first pill 20mg.

So far, no adverse side effects. I don't feel any different. I heard it takes at least 4 weeks or so before you'll notice any changes. Crossing fingers!

neohorizon

i'm taking citalopram for 3 weeks now, idk how much mgs (i'm not at home) but i take 1/day... i didnt notice anything different! I still getting depressed and anxious sometimes (i'm in love with a girl, she is my friend, every time i talk to her i get nervous and if i know that i'll see her too). Maybe if i didnt take these pills, i was worst!
idk i'm trough hard times, i'm doing many new things... I hope it helps you, but for me... i really dont know

Littlewilly

I'm on those aswell sinse June this year & at first I hadn't noticed any change.
To start I was on 10mg then when I went back too my Doc he put me on 20mg.Then I noticed change that first thing in the mornings I was no longer feeling depressed & it has reduced my sexual anxiety to almost zilch which I'm not sure is a good thing or not:idontknow: