Bring the chatbox back??

• Yes

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

RedRibbons

Where is the chatbox?

Please vote if you want it back or not.. :) (I don't know if it's gone forever at this point)

Also post your thoughts/feelings on its disappearance. :)

Also, if you don't use it, but did/didn't mind it.. Please vote.

Last edited:

RedRibbons

I don't know. I hope it's only technical.. :/

It was a great way for some people to socialize on here and make friends. I don't think I'd talk to as many people on here if the chatbox was never here to begin with.

Yeah really the chat box was the only thing making me come back here. Everything else doesnt help me at all. Seeing all these negative and redundant topics is depressing and annoying. In my opinion, there should be a board for venting, with no replies though. And the rest should only be positve things about recovery. All these negative topics only make people more anxious. All theese sensitve topics about sex and dating, about asking poeple how they feel or react in a given social situation, only add more thoughts to an insecure persons mind. Seriously, you want guidance or information about a sensitve topic go to another site for those answers. SO many threads are inappropriate for this site.

agoraphobickatie

man this super sucks if it's really gone forever :(

there's still a little chat option up at the top of the SPW homepage, so maybe they're just doing something temporarily? if it was gone for sure, there probably wouldn't be a link up there, right?

damn! ....mods? where are you guys? anybody know what the REAL deal is? haha

Ravens

Chat boxes are quite bandwidth hungry, so it might have been chewing through the bandwidth quite heavily. The chat box will refresh itself every so often (if it's anything like mine it'll be every second). If you have people leaving the forum on, and there are lots of people about, it's refreshing every second for every person that's seeing the chat box, whether they're participating or not. That builds up after some time.
One way to resolve this would have been to lower the refresh rate. Have it refresh every 5 to 10 seconds. Wouldn't act quite like an IM service any more with instant feedback but it might be enough to keep it around and still be usable.