Chat Room Experiences!!

Kat

To help improve my social skills, I have been chatting on a PS2 gaming website coz it is something I enjoy doing as well. I’m finding it challenging to talk to these people they don’t seem to give me much of a response other than a yes or no and I feel as though I might be boring them or something.

Can anyone else please share their experiences with online chatting with friends..

How do you find it good bad challenging boring and so on. Etc….

:D

GettingThere

Hi Kat,
I find it to be interesting, a little challenging. There are so many different chat rooms. Why don't you try a different one, you may get more response in a room dealing in a different suject.

Anonymous

it can be good and you can meet some really special people but theres always the jerks who try to mess with your head. sometimes i find it cool and sometimes i find it frustrating. mostly it makes me insecure.

LilMissTragic

I've been chatting in chat rooms for years. Its easier not to have to face anyone yet still get a chat but lately i have been to a cam chat room where you have to have a cam to get in. I find this quite a challenge as I don't really like being looked at but so far its been pretty cool. though you do get the odd pervs and i have seen some things I'd rather not have...lol.

should try www.camfrog.com

Remus

Staff member
god I'd hate that, I have enough trouble using my cam one to one for more tha five mins and thats with mates I know in real life :O

Anonymous

Chat rooms are awesome. I've heard alot of stories of people meeting each other in chatrooms. Well, Im holding thumbs and waiting for mine :lol:

Its a pity that this chatroom doesnt work that well, or not many people use it. :cry:

Kat

Thanks all for your replies….
I’ll have to plod along with it all and hope for the best.
Can anyone help me out with some good topic ideas to make it fun and things to discuss in these chat rooms. I’m finding it quite challenging to get the ball rolling. :D

Anonymous

i'm a ex chat room addict. but in the times i was i did find it hard at first but you get talking to a certain few and it takes off from there. i ended up running the chat room/forums of a internet radio station that my brother and friends set up.

Long story short, i met my girlfriend and i never went back, cept to forums.

I do use teamspeak though for gaming and i do find it hard, i have an english accent that alot of people find hard to understand when i'm rushing to get stuff out. Gaming with trueblue aussie's they do take the piss a bit... but i'm thick skinned and i just shoot them down in game. :)