chat, advice, or guidence

Hottie

Hi all,
im new and wanted to tell abit about my story and see if i can get any advice as i dont know how much more i can take.
I have suffered from blushing for 5 years. I also have depression, but anxiety and depression usually come hand in hand so yous' can relate.
I am enthuastic about my future. I have a view that im going to make something of myself. That image i have is fading away because of this.
Blushing is controlling my life. I dont go out much anymore because of the social anxiety that comes with it. I medicate with drink and drugs on the weekend as so i can interact with friends.
I have recieved professional help 3 times but no result. My world is getting smaller and smaller and it is changing the person i am.
I used to be confident, out-going and very socialable. Now im the opposite. I also suffer from HOCD but will discuss that further later as blushing effects it.

Im going to stop writing now but i could go on forever!!
It would be great to hear from other sufferers or anyone who could offer me some advice and guidence.
Just need people who can understand, as not a lot, actully nobody does.
Thanks...

Phoenixx

Welcome to SPW :) I've suffered with blushing for almost my whole life. It sucks and I honestly don't really know of any way to stop or reduce it.

Hottie

Hi,

Thanks for the replys. Hopefully i can find the support needed within this site...

Phoenixx: i know, its so fustrating as ive tried and tried but find myself never being able to find the cure. Hopefully one day though, things will be different for us. How long you suffering? How has it effected you? What method have you used to try to overcome it.

Maudike: thanks, thats good to know and you will defo be recieveing a PM !!

Take Care

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I've been suffering with blushing for probably a little over 10 years. I'm pretty self-conscious about it. I usually keep to myself and don't talk to random people. When I do talk, it's brief and I refrain from talking about myself. Whenever I talk to someone new, I blush. Whenever someone asks me a question about myself, I blush. Uncomfortable topics come up? I blush. It's extremely frustrating. I've tried focusing on conversations and just people rather than my anxiety whenever I talk to them, but the blushing still comes.

Hottie

How do you cope?? I cannot cope anymore. Im reaching the end of my limit and i worry where the end may take me. Ive run out of options... I really need to find a professional thats knows how to treat this, but you dont know whos whos and who knows what.
Its SOOOOOOO fustrating...