Caught in the middle

lilmutegirl

I often feel that I am a link between two people...sometimes this is good, sometimes bad.
I find that I am friends with several people (who do not know each other) with similar interests. I like this, and enjoy that I could (hypothetically) introduce them, and they'd probably get along, given the common interests.
I also know people who either do not want to communicate with, or who do want to communicate with (or about) another person, which makes me feel awkward. Someone called me today, leaving a message asking for someone else's phone number. I have not called back, partially because I hate calling people, and also because I want to confirm that it is okay before giving out someone else's phone number. The person calling me posted on facebook asking if I got the voicemail, so I logged out of facebook for the evening, so she does not realize I am avoiding her...
I just hate being put in situations that make me uncomfortable...especially if I feel like I am betraying one person by complying with another's wishes.

then don't give anyone's contact to people you don't feel would be good for your friend

if they ask you why you wouldn't do that just answer them you think your friend would not be ok with it.

if they react badly you have the proof you did good!

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I think you're doing the right thing by finding out if you should give your friends number out first.
You're showing consideration. Thats a good quality to have in a friend. Too many people don't consider these things these days. :)