cant stop thinking about the day i die

CHAKRAPOINT

i reeally cant wait,the reason we feel all this pain is because we are stuck in an organic body with a certain range of emotions that come with being in a body but when you die you are no longer bound and are free .i cant wait for this feeling,its apparantly like you everything yet still hold some self identity as a soul free from the binds of being in a body,i cant waaiiit!!!

inconspicuous name

its apparantly like

would love to hear who you've been getting first person accounts of what death is like from :rolleyes:

cheer up, you get one life and you'll have much more fun if you actually live it rather than waiting to die.

we are all in an 'organic body' as you put it (confused as to why you felt the need to point out it was organic, most people by now have actually realised they aren't robots.......) and we all get to experience the same emotions. try it some time. laughing is awesome.

coyote

the inverse (or is it converse? I always get those mixed up) is that - because the organic beings that our souls are trapped within are so short-lived - our time here is fleeting, temporary, and meaningless in the grand scheme of eternity or infinity.

so why not make the best of it and enjoy your time here on earth?

as the old saying goes: "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!"

why hold onto all the pain and sadness over all the inconsequential things that will cease to have any meaning once "you are no longer bound and are free"?

Kiwong

I'm more interested in thinking about the days I can live, and I mean really live. No beige existance for me.

Hottie

i have obsessional thoughts about suicide and death. It is something i hate having to deal with because it takes up so much of my thinking.

When im on a serious downer it quadruples in strength...dont think i could ever do it. But i think a lot about my death, who would come to my funeral, would i be missed etc. and thats just about death, im not going into the suicide thoughts.

I really hate thinking that way...i try to stop thinking about my death but it is really difficult. If it is anything like the way i obsess about it.....i know the feeling.

The difference between me and you is you're saying you want to... What about your loved ones etc. I dont want to die...i want to live and be happy and do things i like... If we die then were gone.....

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
most people by now have actually realised they aren't robots.......

Whatever, man. I'm totally a robot.
robomoticon3.gif

Foxie913

I can't wait to die but I've got decades of living to do as I'm only 38. I actually wish cancer on myself so it will kill me and I'll be dead sooner but with my health I'll probably live to 100 :(

lacucaracha

'I actually wish cancer on myself so it will kill me and I'll be dead sooner but with my health I'll probably live to 100 :('
Foxie why would you even say that.

drganon

On a couple of occasions walking home from work, I've thought about jumping into oncoming traffic.

Paahi

I used to wish I was dead or long for the day I would die.
Not anymore. Life is worth living.