Can't even go for a walk or jogging

J_M

What is wrong with the world? I seemingly can't even go out on the streets without somehow saying something or laughing from their car as they drive by. Anyone else been through this? Any advice?

skonamis

Because of this i barely go outside of my house. Only if a friend asks.
We have a small town here and everybody knows each other by face. And a lot of school people know me as a weird and quiet loser.

I know these situations might make u feel not want to go outside again. Because of this humiliation.
Maybe you can take the suggestion from NormanBates and figure out the best times when there are less idiots running around town.

Darker Than Black

I go for jogs everyday, if I was back in Calgary, I would never EVER go out sides. When I left my job and prepare for school, I stayed home for 2 weeks, and never left. I didn't want to see anybody from my two high schools, anyone from my junior high or my elementary school, so many people made fun of me, and my anxiety goes roof top if I ever see them again, which did. I didn't know what to do, so I looked like I was busy, that was once on the bus. But now I live in Edmonton, so there isn't that much pressure on me, I feel so relaxed. but still get anxiety..a lot, but less than before, where its constantly killing me. Everytime I go back for the holidays to see my parents, it brings back horrible memories, and I get all depressed after that for a few days.

So..I suggest maybe you should..move?? or go outside when no one is around?..idk

Rodney

Yeah I've had people from my baseball team make fun of the way I run b4 and someone even told me that someone told them I ran like a girl.... so I will never run in public again... I was also told by a baseball team mate that I looked funny in my baseball uniform and that he hoped he didn't look that way... funny thing was the kid was extremely obese and looked a lot worse than me in his uniform lmao.

Oh yeah and I only go for walks in the field so that I don't have to pass people's houses!

recluse

When i was younger i was a keen cyclist, and whenever i went for a training ride i was subjected to abuse from assholes. I would get stupid young guys thinking they were cool passing really close and shouting stuff and i'd get kids in the street too. A lot of it was verbal like making fun of my cycling clothes and sometimes i'd get a ball thrown at me.

It p'sses me off so much that people can't live their own lives without being harassed!:mad:

reslo

I think the most important thing is to not take it personal. The people are yelling at you because they are jerks who have nothing better to do. If they weren't yelling at you, theyd be yelling at the next pedestrian.
In the past, people have said some offensive stuff to me, and sometimes its from other people on the street not just the cars.I used to get yelled at a fair amount when i was a teenager from cars- usually, I'd have no idea what they'd said because they go by so fast, so i wouldn't know how offended I should be. But now I can drive, and don't have to walk so much :)
I have a big phobia about running in public- so personally i couldn't just go for a jog.

You can always get some headphones and hopefully tune out distractions. Just keep moving and don't worry about it- and keep in safe areas. If you're walking because you have to (like to get home or whatever), if you have a friend you can call and talk to during that time, that can help make the time pass easier.

Yeah, i really have no idea who thinks to themselves "hey! I've got a good idea- im gonna yell at that person there for no reason" :confused:

oh, and i like your signature rodney

Last edited:

azurro

why did they yell at you when you were walking ??? just because of the way you walk ?? This has never happened to me and im a shy person, maybe is because i don't look very shy on the outside. I actually look very serious and people never get close or mess with me lol
I think you guys are exaggerating things, maybe these people are not yelling at you but because your negative self talk you believe they are. you said you couldn't hear what they said

Jake123

Banned
lol, this is why I refuse to walk around anywhere in Miami. Can't go three seconds without some idiot harassing me.