Camouflage / Make-up for men

westminster

I wondered if any blokes have had success camouflaging blushing with make-up? Obviously it would have to be subtle coverage!

There's a similar thread on the ESFB forum that recommends Clinique's Almost Make-up, which seems to be made specifically for men. Anyone have any experience of this or other products?

U

Unregistered12345

Makeup Forever HD Makeup.

I'm a girl and I use MUFE full cover makeup. The full cover is noticeable but provides much better coverage. The HD is sheer coverage, but definitely superior to Almost Makeup (clinique) which I dont think makes any difference. I think boys could get away with using MUFE HD.

When my roomie had a pimple I used the full cover on his spot, and blended it in with the HD around the spot and you couldnt tell he was wearing makeup.

I would using a "makeup fixing spray" (I personally use one by skindinavia) to make sure it stays on all day. I doubt you want to do a touch up at work lol.

Good luck!

AsHLeY

There's tinted moisturizers that would maybe be a little less noticeable for men.... but personally I think it's super cute when guys blush ;)

davey

There's tinted moisturizers that would maybe be a little less noticeable for men.... but personally I think it's super cute when guys blush ;)

Yeah, well its obviously not a cute thing for the guy whos blushing. What a statement to make on a blushing forum. However good intentioned it was. :rolleyes:

From my own personal experience, Ive tried tinted moisturiser and it works to a degree. Its better than nothing and probably reduces the visible redness by up to 25%

Last edited:

lithium

Super cute? To some degree...but not when it's a deep blush that persists for minutes or even more; it's a real drag when that happens...

lunarla

I don't really know a whole lot about make up, but I just use powder foundation (not really for the purpose of hiding blushing, just as makeup). I think it does a pretty good job at hiding any redness though, and it looks really natural too! Doesn't look cake-y or feel weird when it's on - I don't think I'd ever go back to liquids.

And despite such a comment being not very helpful, I definitely agree with Ashley! Blushing is cute. That's not to belittle your trouble with the condition, but I think it's very endearing. Though I can really empathize with not wanting your emotions shown all over your face for everyone to see.

This has really ruined my life as I blush @ work alot and people look at me as if I'm strange. The blushing is so bad my face burns up.. I just wish it would go away or there was a fix as my life has been put on hold because of blushing and my anxiety

Iseesky

Well, I'm not a bloke...But I know a lot about makeup! :p
I've never specifically used makeup (foundation/concealer) to cover my facial blushing as I only wear it on special occasions and not to school. I typically wear medium coverage foundation. It definitely covers some blushing, but not all.
You're going to need full coverage foundation if you want to cover all of your blushing. Sheer coverage (like almost makeup) isn't going to cover much redness...Unless you use a green concealer underneath (which would be a good idea no matter what makeup you choose!). The green will balance out and neutralize the red. It works for red scars, acne, blushing...Anything red. I suggest any green shade of these:
Physicians Formula - Beauty tips makeup, skin care mineral cosmetic products & eyeliner.
I also suggest watching this video for the basic idea. :) The primer is a good idea...But not vital. Same with the brushes. You can use your fingers. Just make sure they're clean. Also, I really like L'Oreal True Match for medium/full coverage foundation. It's lovely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwA1YavR4M
If you look, there are some great makeup tutorials for guys on youtube. It might be a good idea to look. Might be more what you're looking for!

Last edited: