bye bye SA

da_illest101

yes I think I made it, I haven't had a panic attack, depression, scared of people in over 2 months now, it's actually by far the longest time i have been SA free since I got SA 11 years ago. My personality can't change and i'm still lonely but i'm coping with it very well. I'm also more sociable and less stressed

Unfortunately I can't find the thread who help me but it basically said to stop thinking you have SA, it's only a fabrication of your imagination. sound simple but it is very hard to apply but somehow I manage to do it, I simply stop focusing on it, and use it as an excuse for all my problems in life. I stopped reading some of the negative stuff on this site, stopped thinking about suicide, and just forget about the fact that SA even existed. The hard part is to put aside all the negativity, frustration, pain, sadness of the past 11 years behind and not thinking of it. Bad memories will never help you improved your condition.

also one thing i realized is that if your expect your life to just fall into place because you don't have SA your just gonna fail. Yes not having SA can greatly improve your life, but if it doesn't at least you solve one problem.

One thing that surprised me is how my personality didn't change. I'm still negative, shy and i rather stay quiet then talk to everyone but the difference now I can control it. If I want to talk nothing is holding me back anymore, to anyone even a complete stranger.

so yea this my story, if it can help at least one person then I did my job. good luck everyone, it's one hell of a battle but the victory is so sweet

I can't believe that there were no answers to this post. What happen people, envy too mauch?

Of course I totally envy da_illest101, but also I admire him. He earned what he get

bsebring

Good job & good luck!!! It's always awesome to see ppl that are ready to leave and begin living their lives. Just remember life is alway about choices and you seem like you're on the right track. We'll miss you!

Death Rider

Well, I'm starting to believe what my daddy said, that SAD is just another way of luring peoples money out of them. I think that's only true for people with light SAD as they don't need to put much effort to do the things they fear. I can't yet say how it is for severe sufferers.
My dad's a doctor, who seems to have some SAD symptoms at his age (50+), and how much I've heard about his youth, he might have had it, but didn't make much of a fuss about it. He was weird and he just was. Nowadays I believe there's just too much comparison. Anyhow, he said that this will pass on its' own and I shouldn't worry or put a lot of hopes in my therapist.
And now I am starting to believe this. SAD is not a disease, caused by a virus, which would makes us all equally sick. It's just a mutation of our insecurity. Many things stem from it. What makes it worse is the accompanying low self worth and low self esteem. You fear something, you fear the fear, you avoid, you get anxious, you avoid it instead of confronting it, you feel bad about running away, you bash yourself down with it.
As da_illest101s' example states, all we need to do is forget that we have SAD, forget that we worry and just do it. What is it? Well... Everything. Mostly the things you are afraid of ;D
My way of dealing with it: I learned to differentiate between „I don't want to“ and „I am afraid of it“ and basically I do the things I feel fear for. Why? Because if you don't want it, there is no reason to feel fear for it. If you are afraid - good, overcoming SAD is stepping over your fears. Also, this makes life so much more fun. You get to try so much different things.
AND even if the activity is not rewarding, you will always feel good about yourself for overcoming a fear, which raises your self esteem, allows you to thing that you really CAN do anything.
AND gained experience in various events raises your self worth.
AND you have something to brag about, something to say while you're in a conversation.

Very nice breakthrough! :3

''Social Phobia'' is merely a name that describes a certain set of behaviors and potential mental process. Seeing it as ''MY/YOUR social phobia'' makes it part of your overall identity, rather then what it really is; a behavioral/mental trait.

Good for you, DI101. We need to see more people claiming and confirming their victories. Thank you for your post. :3

Newtype

yes I think I made it, I haven't had a panic attack, depression, scared of people in over 2 months now, it's actually by far the longest time i have been SA free since I got SA 11 years ago. My personality can't change and i'm still lonely but i'm coping with it very well. I'm also more sociable and less stressed

Unfortunately I can't find the thread who help me but it basically said to stop thinking you have SA, it's only a fabrication of your imagination. sound simple but it is very hard to apply but somehow I manage to do it, I simply stop focusing on it, and use it as an excuse for all my problems in life. I stopped reading some of the negative stuff on this site, stopped thinking about suicide, and just forget about the fact that SA even existed. The hard part is to put aside all the negativity, frustration, pain, sadness of the past 11 years behind and not thinking of it. Bad memories will never help you improved your condition.

also one thing i realized is that if your expect your life to just fall into place because you don't have SA your just gonna fail. Yes not having SA can greatly improve your life, but if it doesn't at least you solve one problem.

One thing that surprised me is how my personality didn't change. I'm still negative, shy and i rather stay quiet then talk to everyone but the difference now I can control it. If I want to talk nothing is holding me back anymore, to anyone even a complete stranger.

so yea this my story, if it can help at least one person then I did my job. good luck everyone, it's one hell of a battle but the victory is so sweet

That's nice man. I'm nearing the sweet victory too.

bitingthepea

Thats brilliant ! Well done

yes the mind is such a powerful thing. Im on my 3rd session of CBT and hoping i get the same result you have.

Keep on smiling x

wonderful to read your story da_illest, i'm really happy to find out that someone on spw is doing better, keep it up this way and you are so right about focussing on not having SP, because unfortunately you will only bring yourself down by thinking oh, i'd better avoid because i feel afraid of people. No, we should get ourself out there and show the people (;) yup) that we can do the same like they do. Whatever they might think, we are just the same :)
Only a little more affected by opinions and so much more, but this makes us special and not weak :) I'm glad someone is stronger than this strong fear, keep going on and just let it come your way, don't expect yourself to be the best or be cured, just see what happens. and never be dissapointed if you will ever get a setback, SP is a hard struggle and we aren't doomed with it, it's something within us, and we need to let the fighting spirit within win ;) keep it up all people here

lovely222

AWW WELL DONE!! = D am to in the last stages of recovery as i like to call it.

and i am to totally in debt to a post i saw on here about 18 months ago. From a man 'claiming' to have the cure for panic attacks.

i went to his website.. there was no money involved nothing to buy just a page on his story and his technique to curing panic attacks.

I came on here again a week ago hoping to see if he had ever posted again ... HE REALLY DID CHANGE MY LIFE. would love to send him a huge thank you!