BOOOOOOORING!!!!!

ramblinjew

Is there anyone out there with some advice for a dull gal like me? My biggest problem is words. The right things to say always seem to stay just out of reach and I think others perceive me as being boring and that's why I don't have many close friends. See I'm OK around people as long as I don't have to talk to them for more than 5 min. But the thought of haveing an hour long lunch with just me and one other person scares me to death. I'm always second guessing every word I want to say and thinking, "Oh, that's so nerdy!" or, "Well that was stupid". Any ideas? Has anyone here overcome this problem?

Anonymous

Thinking to yourself that you are dull serves no useful function. Even if it were true, it would be better not to think it.

Who is more likely to be engaged in a conversation: a boring girl who thinks she is boring, or a boring girl who thinks that every word she says - including the most banal - is fascinating? Even if you are boring, think you are interesting and you will be that!

But the truth is probably that you are an interesting girl who has interesting things to say but who thinks she is boring. This thinking is the problem, and not the things that come out of your mouth.

"I think others perceive me as being boring" -- Have you ever ONCE asked somebody if they think you are boring? And even if one person thinks you are boring, what would this prove? You don't need to fascinate everybody in the world! Figure that you will absolutely fascinate 25% of the population, have a neutral effect on 50% of the population, and bore the last 25% out of their skulls. That's life.