Blushing at home

zaphod41

I seem to only really blush when i'm at home. Like i'll be sitting in my room, and my brother or dad will knock on my door to ask me something really simple like 'Have you seen the newspaper?' and i'll panic and usually say i'm busy or getting dressed or something just so they won't come in and see me going bright red. I've no idea they why I blush, it's always at really silly things. Just being asked a question, especially if i'm around my brother, I seem to blush all the time when he's around because I know if I do go red, he'll say 'why are you going red, whats wrong??' and i'll feel really stupid. He hasn't said anything for a while because I always try my best to avoid him, which is hard when you live in the same house! My friends think i'm really confident, and I do see my self as a confident person, I don't seem to blush when I've got makeup on or when I'm in a bar or club. Maybe it's because I'm not thinking about it. I don't know, I just wish I could have a normal home life and not feel like I have to hide away all the time. It's really getting me down, I never want to be at home, or I just stay in my room.

Marvolo

Me similarily, but only when the topics related to some school/peer stuff are raised. But fortunately not often... :roll: :oops:

sidney

Hey me too wen my sis picks on me about something i feel stupid so I blush then she goes "your taking a redner!!" and it makes it so much worse its horrible having these feelings and havin to hide from ur family wen it happens i did it only few minutes ago wen i seen my sis cumin up the hill and i cant explain why? i wish it wud just go away!! :evil:

oszapo

I blush at home too hate it,no one ever goes red in my family maybe my sister like twice a year.With me its non stop,always hide avoid family dinners etc ..

zaphod41

Yeah, it's weird. I love it when my brother's not at home, because I feel like I can relax. Then if I here him come home and he comes up the stairs I feel on edge. It's so annoying, I just wish I could find a way to supress going red all the time.

sidney

Hey zaphod,Im the same i love having the house to myself and my family thinks im a right loner but i dnt care!wen they cum home i just retreat to the comp or my room to get away from them, its so upsettin that we cant feel gd even round our own FAMILY!!

zaphod41

Yeah that's right. I just stay in my room most of the time, and my parents always say 'why don't you ever sit in the living room?' because I never do, I just say I prefer it in my room, because I can do what I want and watch what I want, but the real reason is I feel trapped, like if someone asks me something infront of every one i'll feel like everyones watching me even though it's usually just my parents and my brother, it scares me

herringman1

i was the same growing up..avoided family meals..always went to eat when everyone was finished..moved away from home at age 18..went through 2 marriages for the same reasons..havent seen my family in 25 years..now they putting pressure on me to come home..im 60 and still blushing..what the hell is wrong

nici

hi there, i'm new here. been suffering from this blushing phobia for over a year. and it mainly affects me around my parents even though im in my thirties with a family of my own. it has totally stolen away a huge part of my life. it happens at other times aswell but more spontaniously when asked simple questions, but it now feels like i have a phobia over certain people. the minute i see them i start to panic and im completely on edge the whole time, yet i can be perfectly find with others.[/b]

Hey brothers and sisters. I've been through this all too, it's been very rough, but "Here Comes Sunshine," much of the Darkness is dispelling.
I'll tell you what I've learned from struggling with this whole thing for SO many needlessly painful years.
1. Look back into your past and try to locate the First Big Time that someone Embarrassed you and made you Blush really Bad. Try to visualize that instance and feel the Feeling that comes up. Now, You'll notice that the feeling you have is one of Compression, of Immobilization, of Halting Pressure.
2. REALIZE that all of your pain comes in through RESISTANCE to the feeling of EMBARRASSMENT. Blushing is not inherently as Dark, Negative, Oppressing and Painful as we paint it to be. The feelings of Shadows and Pain come in from the RESISTANCE that we are putting in place in order to avoid that "terrible feeling" from overcoming us"
3. Sit in a Dark Room and Conjure up an event (recent or in the past) in which you felt the Panic and Resistance of Blushing come upon you. Now, You will feel cornered. Instead of attempting to flee the scene like a Pinto Bean, ACCEPT the feeling, even LOVE it. Embrace it! most importantly...ALLOW it!

These are the tactics that i've been applying, and although I still make my life into a Minor Hell over this crap, things have brightened up quite a bit (Sources say I'm nearing Purgatory!!! haha!). Just smile and be you, accept that you blush, even open up and tell your momma and daddy, they Love you and will understand!

I Love you all,
-Smokey Von Smokerson.

Peace!

Offermann

I'm the oldest of my little brother and two sisters and I still blush at the dinner table. The embarrassment is not as bad as having it happen at school or something but they bring something up in front of my parents and I blush and I feel so stupid, it sucks. I blush way too much at school but chewing gum stops my blushing a lot.