Blinds Open or Closed?

ImNotMyIllness

Generally, I prefer closed blinds. But, I don't mind opening them during the day to let some sunlight in. (not completely though) But, I HATE the blinds open at night! That drives me crazy. I always close them!

How about you?

Ah, good topic, if I say so myself - this is something that affects me a lot :p

In the morning the first thing I usually do is open the blinds after I get dressed. I like the sun coming in anyway, but especially when I'm feeling depressed; if I don't have the sunlight coming in/my room is dark, the depression feels like it will suffocate me. Weird, no? It's such a strong feeling that I actually usually lift my blinds up completely to allow the maximum amount of sunlight to come in. My mother is the opposite, she likes the dark and keeps them closed whenever she can get away with it - ugh! The horror.

I have to have mine shut at night too. Any little light bothers me at night. Has to be completely dark. I keep something over my alarm clock face to block the glow - those things are way too bright, even the ones with dimmers. I've read that even tiny sources of light output in bedrooms can disrupt the production of melatonin in the brain at night, preventing or making falling asleep difficult.

ImNotMyIllness

Ah, good topic, if I say so myself - this is something that affects me a lot :p

In the morning the first thing I usually do is open the blinds after I get dressed. I like the sun coming in anyway, but especially when I'm feeling depressed; if I don't have the sunlight coming in/my room is dark, the depression feels like it will suffocate me. Weird, no? It's such a strong feeling that I actually usually lift my blinds up completely to allow the maximum amount of sunlight to come in. My mother is the opposite, she likes the dark and keeps them closed whenever she can get away with it - ugh! The horror.

I have to have mine shut at night too. Any little light bothers me at night. Has to be completely dark. I keep something over my alarm clock face to block the glow - those things are way too bright, even the ones with dimmers. I've read that even tiny sources of light output in bedrooms can disrupt the production of melatonin in the brain at night, preventing or making falling asleep difficult.

I'm like that too! In the morning I want some sunlight but when I sleep, I even cover the alarm clock and put a few sheets over the window. I agree with you, they emit waay too much light.

But, for me it goes even deeper. I also don't want them open at night because I don't like the idea of people looking in-especially when they can see me and I can't see them. I get very paranoid. I don't want to be looked at.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Generally, I prefer closed blinds. But, I don't mind opening them during the day to let some sunlight in. (not completely though) But, I HATE the blinds open at night! That drives me crazy. I always close them!

How about you?

I'm a gamer, so the blinds stay closed to keep the glare off the tv.

Sacrament

I like to open the blinds half-way when I wake up so the sun comes in, otherwise it's too gloomy. I keep them completely shut at night to avoid excessive light from coming in in the morning.

MikeyC

I keep mine open and the window open in the warmer months to allow any cool breezes to come in. Even at night, I will leave them open since I get up before sunrise, anyway, and I like some natural light.

Open or closed, I still sleep. ::p:

PerseverareJasmine

I like to keep the blinds closed. Even with them closed though, I occasionally get that eerie feeling that I'm being watched, so having them open would make me feel even more uneasy and self-conscious.

dany

I close the blinds when the night comes and in the morning I open them to let the sun light in. I keep them closed at night because sometime I feel like there is someone outside looking through my window and I get anxious.