best way to talk to her about this

MNM322

i have a "friend" and i use that term losely, as we never hang out etc but we known each other years and she calls me her best friend for some reason. we really only talk on FB or via phone 1x a month.

anyway she is living at home with her folks and nephew and sister. her sister has a manager job and she does daycare for her sister but her parents dont work and she helps pay for everything with them... gas...rent... their bills etc...

well she has a really ill cat now and her sister has been stooping her out of money for daycare and she owes her like 500$ or something so her cat may die because she cant afford the vet bill. being a animal lover and knowing this cat since she got it, i dont wanan see this happen. she is "too nice" like me and wont tell her family off or anything but i worry about her being stuck in this life forever

she badly wants a baby of her own but she wont be able to afford that at this rate and she wants to get her license. i wanna encourage her nicely to get out and LIVE for herself and not pick up her families slack forever but i dont wanna offend. is there any kind way to bring this up?

JackOfSpades

I think you can only bring it up in the best way you can. And I don't know if this is good advice or bad advice, but seeing as how she isn't someone you consider a friend, I think you might be worrying about her too much. People will do what they're going to do. The best you can do is try. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself or concerned about failing or offending her.

jaim38

You can ask her what she wants out of her life and tell her how you feel about her current situation, but in the end, there is only so much you can do for her. Try not to sound like you're forcing her to do something that she doesn't want to do.

truffleshuffle

Its hard to say how you should bring it up or even if you should with your friend. I think you care about this person overall even if you don;t think of her as a close friend and don;t want to see her in that kind of situation. If you do broach the subject try not to make it like you are forcing yourself into her buisness and life. Dose she ever talk to you about her situation? I am guessing she dose if you know most of whats going on. When you do have another discussion about how she feels and what is going on with her bring up how you feel but don;t be pushy and say this is what yous hould do, there taking advanatge and how ungreatful they are. Just say I think maybe you should get your own place away from all that you might feel better or something to that extent. Also I am on NyQuil right now so if what I said made absolutly no sence please just ignore me as I tend to ramble when Im sleepy.

MNM322

yes she tells me about it, as i said, she says i am her best friend. i just dont think of her as it, because she is one of those "All about me" people and is never there for me etc.

its just the stupid caring side of me that is peeking out. i am mostly thinking of the cat but in the end, i just want people to be happy. no sense in everyone i know being as bummed as me in life. ya know

truffleshuffle

yes she tells me about it, as i said, she says i am her best friend. i just dont think of her as it, because she is one of those "All about me" people and is never there for me etc.

its just the stupid caring side of me that is peeking out. i am mostly thinking of the cat but in the end, i just want people to be happy. no sense in everyone i know being as bummed as me in life. ya know
Well at least someone cares. Even if its more for the sake of the cat lol.

MikeyC

she is "too nice" like me and wont tell her family off or anything but i worry about her being stuck in this life forever ... i wanna encourage her nicely to get out and LIVE for herself and not pick up her families slack forever but i dont wanna offend.

she says i am her best friend. i just dont think of her as it, because she is one of those "All about me" people and is never there for me etc.
Okay, well, considering these posts here, I think you should just tell her what's on your mind. It doesn't seem like there's going to be too much lost if she takes offence to what you've said. I don't even think she will, because you would be telling her stuff she already knows.