Being away from her

dannyboy65

Being away from my girlfriend is driving me crazy we usually see each other everyday. We aren't able to see each other today or tomorrow and yesterday we couldn't either. When I'm away from her it just doesn't feel right. I feel so alone and depressed, I just miss her so much. I wish I didn't feel this way but I can't help it. She is trying so hard to make me happy but I find it so hard. I know she is worried about me and she talks to me non stop but I can't push this feeling off. It feels terrible I don't want to bring her down, I just find it so hard to function normally.

Megaten

It's absolutely none of my business and I don't know your GF, but I would say just be careful. Rediscover your hobbies or maybe find new things to do when youre apart. You dont wanna become too dependant on your partner because I know some can get chased off by that. And Id hate to see that happen to you simply because youre going through a strange phase in life.

dannyboy65

It's absolutely none of my business and I don't know your GF, but I would say just be careful. Rediscover your hobbies or maybe find new things to do when youre apart. You dont wanna become too dependant on your partner because I know some can get chased off by that. And Id hate to see that happen to you simply because youre going through a strange phase in life.

Thanks for the reply. It is very hard to deal with, we talk a lot when we are apart from each other. I have tried hobbies but I just don't feel as motivated or think of them as much as I would like too.

chibiXphantom

i've been in that state before. overly attached to where i would just feel miserable when i wasnt around them. i'd get paranoid for no reason. but id never let them know that. i didnt want to be seen as the crazy, overly attached girlfriend or seen as clingy and dependent.

hard to think of the right thing to say without seeming like a horrible person. when ive felt like that, i tend to remind myself of the flaws of that person. kind of bring them down in my mind from the pedestal i've put them on. not to make yourself dislike them or anything, but just remind yourself they're human and probably not as great as you tend to think in this early stage.

or for a not so horrible sounding thing, you can just think "oh that sucks that i cant seem them right now, but that just means i can do ___". fill in the blank with whatever.

a couple days without seeing each other isnt that bad at all. and it'll just give you more stuff to talk about when you do see each other

dannyboy65

i've been in that state before. overly attached to where i would just feel miserable when i wasnt around them. i'd get paranoid for no reason. but id never let them know that. i didnt want to be seen as the crazy, overly attached girlfriend or seen as clingy and dependent.

hard to think of the right thing to say without seeming like a horrible person. when ive felt like that, i tend to remind myself of the flaws of that person. kind of bring them down in my mind from the pedestal i've put them on. not to make yourself dislike them or anything, but just remind yourself they're human and probably not as great as you tend to think in this early stage.

or for a not so horrible sounding thing, you can just think "oh that sucks that i cant seem them right now, but that just means i can do ___". fill in the blank with whatever.

a couple days without seeing each other isnt that bad at all. and it'll just give you more stuff to talk about when you do see each other

I know it's good to get some of that separation but even she is finding it hard herself, which makes it harder for me. When we are separate she wants to be with me just as much as I want to be her. I don't see many flaws in her either to be honest she is very sickly similar to me so we have pretty similar flaws.

Sacrament

You should be careful with how needy you appear to be. Girls don't really like needy, clingy guys, as it shows a guy who can't take care of himself and needs a female crutch to get things done.

Megaten

I mean if what he says is the case then it'll probably be fine. There are women just as clingy. I was under the assumption that she was like some of the ones I've dealt with in the past that prefer more space. But there's exceptions in all things thankfully.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Also, it's good to take a break now and then. Do something nice for her when you meet up again. Most of all, relax! :)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
You should be careful with how needy you appear to be. Girls don't really like needy, clingy guys, as it shows a guy who can't take care of himself and needs a female crutch to get things done.

I also agree totally with this.