being a person of SA, etc

kuurt

What is this meet-ups thing you guys just mentioned? Are you talking about meetup.com? I couldn't find any interesting meetups in my area on there. I thought about creating a meetup group for people with social anxiety, but where would you host the meetup?

lily

What is this meet-ups thing you guys just mentioned? Are you talking about meetup.com? I couldn't find any interesting meetups in my area on there. I thought about creating a meetup group for people with social anxiety, but where would you host the meetup?
i heard of Meetup.com That would be a good idea. A lot of people want support groups but they either don't want to set it up themselves or they can't find one.

Last edited:

kuurt

Yeah, I contacted Meetup.com several days ago on their facebook page and I sent them a message. I told them that right now there is only two options on their website - you can either start a group or join one that already exists. I told them that they should have a third option because a lot of us would like there to be a group on a specific topic, but we don't want to be the ones to start and manage it. I said there should be an third option where you can give an idea for a group that you would like to join and when other people in your area search the area for groups they will also see your group idea in the search results, and if they're interested they can add their name to the list or even be the one to start it. They sent me a message back saying they would send my idea to the higher ups for consideration. So who knows, maybe they'll eventually make that possible.

lily

Yeah, I contacted Meetup.com several days ago on their facebook page and I sent them a message. I told them that right now there is only two options on their website - you can either start a group or join one that already exists. I told them that they should have a third option because a lot of us would like there to be a group on a specific topic, but we don't want to be the ones to start and manage it. I said there should be an third option where you can give an idea for a group that you would like to join and when other people in your area search the area for groups they will also see your group idea in the search results, and if they're interested they can add their name to the list or even be the one to start it. They sent me a message back saying they would send my idea to the higher ups for consideration. So who knows, maybe they'll eventually make that possible.
That's good that you put it out there! I hope it goes well for you!

lily

I drank healthy chicken noodle soup yesterday. it was so enjoyable and i have to collect all the enjoyable times.