being a person of SA, etc

lily

don't you think it's hard for us to make friends when we have sp/sa? Mine has nothing to do with social skills and yet it's still hard b/c i don't think i can really be friends with regular people and yet if i go to a group there will be people who have sp and also perhaps have other disabilities that make it hard to you to be friends with them coupled with the fact that you have to be compatible too and in the right age group. it's so hard. only God the supernatural can help me. i need support :sad:

edit: sorry, the title's supposed to be "being a person 'of' sa"- great!

Last edited:

F0AM

YES, i don't have problems getting along With others, yet i find It extremely hard to develope any kind of connection and call others "Friends". Tho i think finding true Friends is a hard even for those without SA.

Sometimes we think that It would be easier to make friends With those With SA, but is not entirely true. It Will be easier for another person With SA ti understand how you feel but at the same time that person still suffers from It and its fears Will be an obstacle un order to be Friends and do stuff together. Cause even being arround others With SA, your phobia is still there.

Also we are people, not machines, like those without SP, each of us have different hobbies, tastes, beliefs, etc. We cannot expect another person With SP to be our BEST friend just because SP is the only thing we have in common :)

Try to have freinds that share your hobbies, online or un person. Its hard believe me, i know. I understand how you feel but don't give Up, if you do, thats a 100% probability of not finding a friend : )

Haha don't worry about the tiitle, im writing this through my phone and its trying to correct every single Word i type to spanish lol

Last edited:

lily

thanks F0AM, i met a person at a group and i think it's a fear on his side that's an obstacle to our friendship that's making things hard, it's so sad.

lily

i wouldn't find it hard to make friends if i weren't to have SA but right now I'm going through something really depressing that I need as much support as i can get on the forum.

Hello lily,

I haven't been browsing SPW a lot lately, I just came to know about your thread, I'm sorry for not being able to give my input earlier.

I haven't had a lot of friends in my teenage hood or until recently, I am not sure if it's because of my SA or my personality.
Most of the friends I've made were either from university or meetups. Have you tried walking to meetups? I know it sounds daunting like crazy the first times, but it can really help you get in touch with people sharing the same hobbies as you. I am not speaking about SA meetups because I guess that people would be too anxious to dedicate a meetup to that topic, it's paradoxal I know. You can join musical, religious, sports meetups.

Just like the cat said, you have our support.

lily

I'm going for acupuncture tomorrow and then I'll be going somewhere else for the holiday and then the church that I've never been to.

I'm going for acupuncture tomorrow and then I'll be going somewhere else for the holiday and then the church that I've never been to.
I hope you can find some people to become friends with at that new church, lily. Good luck. :thumbup:
What do you get acupuncture for? if you don't mind me asking...

lily

I hope you can find some people to become friends with at that new church, lily. Good luck. :thumbup:
What do you get acupuncture for? if you don't mind me asking...
I hope I will too. I want a guy I like to be friends with and the girls too. I'm getting acupuncture for anxiety. MollyBeGood says that acupressure has given her pretty amazing results!

Last edited:

lily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMIs8pYM5E
For you I will- Monica
Since this comforts me in this thread I'll put this song in here too.:)

The lyrics r:
When you're feeling lost in the night,
When you feel your world just ain't right
Call on me I will be waiting,
Count on me, I will be there

Anytime the times get too tough,
Anytime your best ain't enough
I'll be the one to make it better,
I'll be there to protect you,
See you through
I'll be there, and there is nothing
I won't do

I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength
Anything you need

I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time
Promise you
For you I will

I will shield your heart from the rain
I will let no harm come your way
Oh these arms will be your shelter
No these arms won't let you down

If there is a mountain to move
I will move that mountain for you
I'm here for you, I'm here forever
I will be your fortress, tall and strong
I'll keep you safe,
I'll stand beside you, right or wrong

Anything you need
Promise you
For you I will

For you I will, lay my life on the line
For you I will fight, oooooh
For you I will die
With every breath, with all my soul
I'll give my world,
I'll give it all
Put your faith in me
(put your faith in me)
And I'll do anything

Anything you need
Promise you
For you I will, I will, I will, I will

Anything you need
Promise you
For you I will
Promise you,
for you I will

Promise you,
For you I will

Last edited:

lily

I thought I would find the 'perfect' friend in uni but till now I'm still searching :/
I'm sorry to hear that you're still searching, good luck in finding a good friend. I'm still searching too. I'm lonely, r u? I think a friend doesn't have to be perfect, they just have to be for example someone you can discuss things with when conflict arises, that's a healthy relationship and earns trust. Even if they've lied to you before like in worldly ways but they can change in Godly ways.

kuurt

You said only God the supernatural can help you. That's certainly something you can try. I was living with my dad a couple of years ago, I prayed for a friend. Then my dad tried to call someone in the family, but he accidentally dialed the wrong number. Nobody answered, but the person he accidentally called called us back to see who had called him. I answered the phone and I recognized the guys voice. We use to be neighbors when we were kids. We talked on the phone for a bit and end up hanging out a few times. I considered that an answered prayer. So that is one way to go.

I don't hang out with him anymore though. You know how us shy people are, we often don't stay in touch with people. Don't know what to say or do. If you do get a friend that's the next thing - you have to figure out what to do with your friend. That's why I created a post on here once about listing ones interests. Similar to the hobbies post. But since all of us on this forum live so far apart from each other it doesn't really do much good.

lily

Wow, thanks for sharing your story about God the supernatural. i like your signature, yes hope is the way to go. in the bible it says 'hope never fails.' or something positive about hope that i don't recall its exact words :)

Last edited:

lily

Hello lily,

I haven't been browsing SPW a lot lately, I just came to know about your thread, I'm sorry for not being able to give my input earlier.

I haven't had a lot of friends in my teenage hood or until recently, I am not sure if it's because of my SA or my personality.
Most of the friends I've made were either from university or meetups. Have you tried walking to meetups? I know it sounds daunting like crazy the first times, but it can really help you get in touch with people sharing the same hobbies as you. I am not speaking about SA meetups because I guess that people would be too anxious to dedicate a meetup to that topic, it's paradoxal I know. You can join musical, religious, sports meetups.

Just like the cat said, you have our support.
Yeah I'm planning to join more meet-ups but it's really hard, thanks jungle. You've been supportive..

Last edited: