Aussies.. Where do you hang out online?

SilentStranger

One of the reasons I joined this site was the fact that there was a Australian section. Although there seems to be number of you, but not enough.

Just wondering where else do you hang out or post online. I know there is a Melbourne based forum, but seems to mostly dead apart from the few people who run it.

-SS

tool1919

Hey there, i'm from Melbourne. I don't really post anywhere else except here. I find most people are from a different time zone like Europe or US so there's not many of us online at the same time. Where are you from?

MrDooBee

Hi im from Melbourne, i only look at this forum but i dont talk much... funny about that haha :D

Lexmark

One of the reasons I joined this site was the fact that there was a Australian section. Although there seems to be number of you, but not enough.

Just wondering where else do you hang out or post online. I know there is a Melbourne based forum, but seems to mostly dead apart from the few people who run it.

Where is this melbourne forum ?

And to answer ya question i just search through forums like this one 8O

Lexmark

SilentStranger said:
^^ Actually what I was asking was about specific forums sites that people frequent.

Well the forum I was talking about is http://www.adavic.org.au/.

-SS

Just had a look at that sight. There got a section where they want people with SP to volunter for research. One of them is just up the road from me. Might call i think that would be interesting. You been to one ?

Vila

hey all, I am not from Melbourne but I'm an aussie and I'm in Queensland. I have just joined this forum as it was the only forum I could find that included aussies. I have suffered anxiety for some time but seems now at 30yrs old it is getting worse, I don't know why. I have two sons aged 6yrs and 1 yr old. I live somewhere where I don't know anybody really, and don't really want to, lol. But, I am finding it very difficult when I pick up my son from school, I have had a panic attack or two or three at his school and since then I find it extremely difficult to talk to anyone at school. This makes it very difficult when his teacher approaches me, or when I wish to know how his day was ie. behaviour, schoolwork, and how he is basically going when I cannot find the confidence to even say hello to his teacher, grrr. I am sure that at least someone on here can relate to this. I don't know, I am on zoloft 100mg a day prescribed by my local doc, things is, it worked to start with but now it's like, one day it works the next it doesn't. So in some pathetic way to attempt to control it myself, I have upped the dosage to twice a day so thats 200mg a day, one in morning and one at night. Sometimes I cannot even go to the local shop and buy milk or bread its like omg wtf I just want to go to the shop get what I need and come home. How god damn hard is that, hmm yes well, truth is, most times it is...
Anyway atm I am intoxicated and I am about to go to bed but just grateful and happy I finally found this site/forum.
Finally some where to vent how I feel and hopefully nobody will judge my babble, lol.

Anybody else have the same kind of problems or have difficulty with the same situations?

I need to know I am not alone

Going to the doc again tomorrow to let him know I upped my zoloft and where to go from here, who knows?!

limetree

This is the first forum I've found with people I relate to in ages.

I hate the real clique-y ones.

umbrella

Vila said:
hey all, I am not from Melbourne but I'm an aussie and I'm in Queensland. I have just joined this forum as it was the only forum I could find that included aussies. I have suffered anxiety for some time but seems now at 30yrs old it is getting worse, I don't know why. I have two sons aged 6yrs and 1 yr old. I live somewhere where I don't know anybody really, and don't really want to, lol. But, I am finding it very difficult when I pick up my son from school, I have had a panic attack or two or three at his school and since then I find it extremely difficult to talk to anyone at school. This makes it very difficult when his teacher approaches me, or when I wish to know how his day was ie. behaviour, schoolwork, and how he is basically going when I cannot find the confidence to even say hello to his teacher, grrr. I am sure that at least someone on here can relate to this. I don't know, I am on zoloft 100mg a day prescribed by my local doc, things is, it worked to start with but now it's like, one day it works the next it doesn't. So in some pathetic way to attempt to control it myself, I have upped the dosage to twice a day so thats 200mg a day, one in morning and one at night. Sometimes I cannot even go to the local shop and buy milk or bread its like omg wtf I just want to go to the shop get what I need and come home. How god damn hard is that, hmm yes well, truth is, most times it is...
Anyway atm I am intoxicated and I am about to go to bed but just grateful and happy I finally found this site/forum.
Finally some where to vent how I feel and hopefully nobody will judge my babble, lol.

Anybody else have the same kind of problems or have difficulty with the same situations?

I need to know I am not alone

Going to the doc again tomorrow to let him know I upped my zoloft and where to go from here, who knows?!

hey vila, i was posting in the other forum a very similar story, but i dont have any children. And yeah i feel exhausted to meet people, and i just migrate to australia and sincerely for me every day is getting more and more diffcilut i cant control my fear to other people.
you are not alone.

chosen_one

Hey, I'm from Melbourne. I've just recently joined this forum, so I guess I hang out here online. Also, hang out on MSN. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Pamela

I'm from Melbourne as well Yahhhhh!!!!!

Vila it sounds like you might need to change your medication. I'm taking effexor and it's great I don't get anxiety when I met people or go places. I would get it if I was in a class room and put on the spot but that is my ultimate fear.....

Birdy

Hey everyone. Thought Id check out this forum and say Hi. I am A 23 y.o girl from Melbourne. I have had social anxiety as far as I can remember. Its only been lately that I am reaching out to tell the world and seek support for it. I am a member of the adavic forum aswell as going to one of their support group meetings.

Birdy

Oh and I frequent one of the myspace social anxiety forums but its American. Still a good chat with others even though they arent Aussie. :wink: