Are Your Anxiety Attacks Related to Bullying?

radyx

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find out how many people who suffer from panic or anxiety attacks also suffer from bullying.
Are panic attacks something that you had before or have they been triggered by the bullying?

If you are suffering from panic attacks I've put together a page here:
http://www.overcomebullying.org/obofortl-panic-attacks.html

If you would like to contact me directly I'd love to hear from you about your experience with panic attacks or about the page above.

Here's the link to the contact page at OvercomeBullying.org:
http://www.overcomebullying.org/contact-overcome-bullying.html

All the Best,

Anton

Felgen

My anxiety is partially related to bullying in elementary school, but it's also related to my Asperger's syndrome.

radyx

Hi Felgen,

Thanks for your reply. I guess Asperger's syndrome would make you more susceptible perhaps both to anxiety attacks and to bullying as well. Bullying sure doesn't help.

Hylke

Yes, my anxiety attacks follow directly from my low self esteem, following directly from the path that being bullied send me on. It's sad how something like that can mess up your life.

radyx

It seems panic attacks can be caused by many things but for those who have been bullied it seems to be a contributing factor. I'm so glad to hear that you haven't been the target of bullying Psychedelicious.

Another point you raised (Hylke) is the lasting impact bullying can have. Believe it or not there are some who still think that bullying is a good thing as it helps to "toughen up" kids and teach them about the hostilities of life. I think that's ridiculous.

It's like saying that sexually abusing a child is good because it teaches them about sex fiends. I really wish bullying (both school and workplace) was taken seriously. A lot of lip service is paid to it but it still seems to be a pretty low priority.

I better stop now, I feel a rant coming on...

Ffej

Now you've got me thinking. It happened as a kid a bit and on occasion, continual tormenting from older kids in the hood. I fought back a couple times with my genetic Viking responses(cool calm yet crippling). It ended those individuals bullying but did not make me feel better until recalling it recently as an adult.

Even now it gives me a lift that I defended myself and made my self clear to them through bloodsport.

TAMPA-BAY

Bullying doesnt cause SocialAnxiety

Bullying doesnt causes SocialAnxiety. Social Anxiety attracts it.

Tab

I don't have attacks but I think I'm afraid to get close to people because I was bullied since grade 3 as far as I can remember.