Are you treated with suscipion when shopping?

IceLad

I've lost count of the amount of times I seem to get followed around by security guards when I'm shopping.

Going off dodgy vibes seems to run through my family as they complain a lot about the same thing also happening to them.

Only this morning I was heading into a Marks and Spencer store and I noticed the security guard waiting outside (taking a break I think). As soon as I went in he started following me down the escalator. :mad:

I appreciate that this might just of been a coincidence, and also, that he's got a job to do, but it makes me so uncomfortable when it happens.

TheNewZero

Yes! I guess because I look so nervous shopping. I always feel like a really good citizen when I walk through those beepy door things and they don't go off lol.

SickJoke

I've lost count of the amount of times I seem to get followed around by security guards when I'm shopping.

Going off dodgy vibes seems to run through my family as they complain a lot about the same thing also happening to them.

Only this morning I was heading into a Marks and Spencer store and I noticed the security guard waiting outside (taking a break I think). As soon as I went in he started following me down the escalator. :mad:

I appreciate that this might just of been a coincidence, and also, that he's got a job to do, but it makes me so uncomfortable when it happens.

Yep, makes perfect sense. If you're anxious you'll give off a suspicious vibe.

You could have some fun with it. If the security guard follows you down an escalator, go right back up the other escalator and see if he follows you again :D

danstelter

Yep, makes perfect sense. If you're anxious you'll give off a suspicious vibe.

You could have some fun with it. If the security guard follows you down an escalator, go right back up the other escalator and see if he follows you again :D

Yup, sounds exactly right. Even though you are anxious about something that is totally not related to committing criminal behavior, people around you take that as a cue that you are someone not to trust...another one of the downfalls of having an anxiety disorder, but you seem to have a good perspective and awareness of it, that it is not your fault, and that is good :)