Are all people with SA shy?

Acegame

I'm almost sure SA is what I got, but somehow I can't identify myself with the shyness. Many people here complain about being very shy. That is what makes me question my condition. When I'm in a social situation where i feel really anxious I often try to break the silence by just start talking. But because of my anxiety most of what I say doesn't make any sense, or is very rude, or makes people uncomfortable. When I'm in a situation were I'm not anxious I can talk just fine.

Acegame

When I was younger I used to be a little shy in some situations. And also at school some years. Then the teachers said to my parents: "I actually don't know Max, he is very quiet". I remember I really hated it when teachers said that about me. Also I felt my mother judged me about that a little. So maybe thats the reason I started to overcompensate.

And lol about the dry sense of humor, some people who know me say that I stay dry even when im in the water :D

By the way, DSM doesn't mention shyness. So I guess its just something most people with SA have in common but some people act different..

Last edited: