April Goals

Silatuyok

I like to make resolutions monthly, instead of yearly, because who can keep a resolution for a whole year? Does anyone have any goals or resolutions they would like to make for the month of April?

My biggest and most important resolution is to spend the entire month offline. In fact, I'm going to lock my laptop away in a trunk and not even look at it at all. Which means I'll have to keep my journal the old-fashioned way, in a notebook, and I'll have to get my photography fix with film instead of digitally. I'm pretty excited to give it a try. I desperately need to take a break from technology, and just let my mind wander...

My secondary goals (since I will need something to fill that time I normally waste online) are as follows:

-do whatever it takes to get back in shape. I want to feel good again.
-read at least two books.
-learn how to play my ukulele well.
-start drawing again.
-find inspiration and rediscover my interests. (This one is important!)

What are your April goals?

MollyBeGood

HI ASM :)

My goals are for April
*to finish two or more pieces of art
*Get out more-road trip/parties etc...
*loose 5-10 lbs
*get a part time job, or at least look into one...
*get my garden planned out and going
*talk to my Mom more...renew our relationship
*Get up earlier!!

Good luck w/ your month off-line. Mine did wonders for me creatively, though it was brought on by lack of income it was a blessing in disguise.

Ithior

Sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if I should make it monthly or weekly, usually when I make any sort of schedule I stop following it after 5 or 6 days.
I think I'm going to start with something that goes from tomorrow till the end of this month.
- start going to the gym 3 times a week again (last time I went there was about a week ago, I need to start going again before I start skipping it more often)
- finish studying for the test I have on the 5th
- study another subject (I'm going to call it AP) up to the 3rd chapter of the book (only studied the first so far)
- finish reading "The Power of Now"
- stop using this computer, starting tomorrow. I'm going to have friends over starting tomorrow night, so I'm going to get the monitor out of my desk and all the cables that connect it to the pc. I don't want them looking into the stuff in my computer. It's also a good way to get "disconnected" from technology, which is something I should really do to complete my other goals.

About April goals, I still don't know. For me April is still very far away. On the 1st of April I'll revise what I accomplished and take it from there.

Silatuyok

狼;719645 said:
HI ASM :)

*talk to my Mom more...renew our relationship

Good luck w/ your month off-line. Mine did wonders for me creatively, though it was brought on by lack of income it was a blessing in disguise.

This is a good one. I've been trying to keep in touch more with my own mother as well.

Thank you for your well wishes; I look forward to seeing what comes out of my month away. :) I feel like I'm getting ready to go on vacation.

Silatuyok

Sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if I should make it monthly or weekly, usually when I make any sort of schedule I stop following it after 5 or 6 days.
I think I'm going to start with something that goes from tomorrow till the end of this month.
- start going to the gym 3 times a week again (last time I went there was about a week ago, I need to start going again before I start skipping it more often)
- finish studying for the test I have on the 5th
- study another subject (I'm going to call it AP) up to the 3rd chapter of the book (only studied the first so far)
- finish reading "The Power of Now"
- stop using this computer, starting tomorrow. I'm going to have friends over starting tomorrow night, so I'm going to get the monitor out of my desk and all the cables that connect it to the pc. I don't want them looking into the stuff in my computer. It's also a good way to get "disconnected" from technology, which is something I should really do to complete my other goals.

About April goals, I still don't know. For me April is still very far away. On the 1st of April I'll revise what I accomplished and take it from there.

Good luck to you! Weekly goals are good too. Let me know what you think about The Power of Now; I've never read it but it sounds interesting.

MikeyC

Marie, I don't have any goals that I can currently think of, but I like your idea! I hope it all works out for you. :)

Rawz

Well I don't really set goals for a short amount of time, like a month, really. I have yearly goals, which are:

Practice Guitar more seriously and more often (preferably every day)
Exercise daily (or at least as often as possible)
Take nutrition more seriously (for my health and for body building)
Become better at art (Drawing, Fractal art, Animation, etc)
Work harder at managing anxiety
Learn more

Basically become an awesome person.

So obviously I will be working on these things during this month. But I do have at least one short term goal. I am wanting to go on a vacation with some friends at the end of May, and I don't have any money for this right now, so a short term goal that I am working on now and might be more of an April goal, is to make money.

My goal: To say goodbye to who I am not.

Many years have been spent fighting to be someone I am not. I scarcely know where to be begin.

this_portrait

These are some ongoing goals that I plan on devoting way more time to, starting this month.

-Write, write, write, and write some more.
-Study for the GRE.
-Design my own t-shirt.
-Get a full-time permanent job.

JohnnAY

A month huh? Not much time... Hmm
- complete 3 more pieces for my art portfolio
- lose atleast 5 lbs or 3% body fat
- strike a conversation with atleast one random woman :crying:
- take my dog running every week, he's getting REALLY fat.

We should return to this thread at the end of April to see who achieved their goals.

razzle dazzle rose

-do whatever it takes to get back in shape. I want to feel good again.
-read at least two books.
-learn how to play my ukulele well.
-start drawing again.
-find inspiration and rediscover my interests. (This one is important!)

What are your April goals?

^^ These are pretty much all the things I want to do as well, right down to the ukulele - still need to buy one though. We have a lot in common :giggle:

I have a list here somewhere with other things...

-Start taking walks/go running
-Get a volunteer position
-Do some spring cleaning, in particular my closet. And get new curtains. Maybe even paint my room.
-Do something new with my hair (cut/color)

I like the idea of having monthly goals. Does seem more manageable than yearly resolutions.

Kiwong

keep breathing

keep believing

that I am not reaching the end of the world.

It's hard to shake the feeling that the normal world is going to judge my anxiety unacceptable, and exclude me. It's already started to happen.

Last edited:

Ithior

Out of the 5 goals I had to complete before April, I already started taking care of two: went to the gym earlier today and removed the monitor/keyboard/mouse from my desk so I can't use the computer. I'm just using a 6 years old laptop to check e-mails and stuff like that and a tablet to read some manga when I'm bored and too tired to do something else.

Well, now I'm going to take care of another goal which is studying for my first test in April.

LoyalXenite

my main goal for april is just to survive it.

secondary goals:
-see a doctor and find out what sicknesses are raging through me
-get back into therapy and possibly back on medication
-start eating healthier and get onto losing weight
-be better with my studies

Silatuyok

my main goal for april is just to survive it.

secondary goals:
-see a doctor and find out what sicknesses are raging through me
-get back into therapy and possibly back on medication
-start eating healthier and get onto losing weight
-be better with my studies

:thumbup: Best of luck to you.

mixedupgirl

hmmm for April, I want to:

* Be doing my exercise regularly like at least 4 times a week.
* I want to cut back my naughty treats to at least once a week.
* I want to make sure I get out of the house and go any where away from these 4 walls at least twice a week.

* I want to arrange get togethers with family/friends at least once in the month - my b-day is in April so perfect excuse!

* I need to lessen my internet usage to about an hour and a half a day as its taking over my life right about now.

And that's all I can think of right now....I like this thread its really made me think about things I want to do/change.... I think i need to make a list on paper actually as a reminder....