Anyone into Seroquel ?

renegade

Has anyone tried This medicine ? My doctor prescribed this 2 me and is triing 2 remove Rivotril completley.

He is against benzodiazepines and sais this is relatively new on the market. It's main purpose is schizophrenia, but, on small doses, like 300 mg, it is said 2 cure anxiety.

I'm waiting 4 your replies

nedkelly

Hi renegade. I take 300 mg of Seroquel each night for a sleeping aid.
Only problem is, it dosen't make me sleepy at all now. And when it did work, it was only slightly. I do though get sicker without it though.
I take it with mitrizapine and occasional oxazepham..all are for sleeping.
It's only the occasional oxazepham that helps now sometimes :(
Sorry to say, but for me, the Seroquel hasn't helped my anxiety at all.
But not to say it won't work for you.
Your doctor will play around with the dose no doubt,so as to get it right.
One of my symptoms when i tried too high a dose for my body, was rapid heart beat.
Just a note..don't skip doses, as it seems to have a high withdrawl,(well for me anyhow)
Good luck with it.

renegade

Sorry 2 hear it hadn't worked 4 you. I hope my body respondes 2 it different. That is the only thing i need 2 fix now, anxiety, cause Prozac will take care of depression.

Oh, aI forgot 2 mention, Seroquel is better than sleeping pills :lol: , so if any of you got problems sleeping at night I strongly recommend it :wink: From the first time i took it.

Ce mai faci, Raluk, imi pare bine k imi dai si tu un sfat :p

renegade

Thread locked, Seroquel for anxiety sucks :evil:

At least I can sleep with it :?

DAMN.

If u want 2 try it, I can tell u can experience 2 days when u can exteriorise more easily.

renegade

I am now at 300 mg Seroquel.

Conclusion: Seroquel for anxiety sucks :evil:

At least I can sleep with it :?

DAMN.

If u want 2 try it, I can tell u can experience 2 days when u can exteriorise more easily.

Now I'm gonna try rising my Prozac from 2*20 mg to 3*20 mg a day. :roll:

renegade

the body seems to become imune to seroquel over time...and you need to increase the dosage to get the same effects. i'm talking here on the benefic effects on matter of getting to sleep.

i'm now at 50mg of seroquel :? that's the dosage my doctor recomended...of course i take 100 mg from time to time when i really want to get some sleep OR i skip a dosage or 2 for the 3rd one to be effective...

come to think of it, i guess i'm gonna give this a brake...it was good but my body got used to it :evil:

hope it works for you Number1usjoe :wink:

sevenelizabeth

EXERCISE CAUTION ON THIS "EVIL"DRUG. It caused me severe memory loss. I would also blank out for days on end, sometimes waking up in some shady places not knowing the people around me. I would stay away from it if you can.

I drank once on ambien. My wife said I was a abbeling incoherant idiot the rest of the night. I don't remember...never again.lol

SilentType

Banned
From my experience being prescribed Seroquel, it didn't do anything for me in regards to anxiety. My doctor gave it to me as a sleep aid and it worked for about a month then I was back to doing the insomniac shuffle all night. We tried other sleeping meds, but the same thing always happened after about a month (sometimes a couple weeks). She ended up just telling me there's nothing she can do about it... A good smoke of the right ganja does wonders for my insomnia though. Not to say it's for everyone, but it sure works for me.

Peace

dally

i am curenntly taking 300mg each night, it helps me sleep a little but if i dont take it now i have a hard time falling asleep. besides the sleeping it hasnt really helped my anxiety.