Anyone have diabetes? Maybe we have it

WastedPotential

I know this sounds stupid, maybe some of you have thought of it too...but maybe we've got diabetes? Maybe we need insulin?

I'm tired and feeling blah, figured why not ask you fine people..

klamm76

Hi.

This quiestion has been bringed up before.But last time it was if there where diabetes in the family,and maybe it could be related to HH.So I dont think this sounds stupid.

For my part,I have taken so much blood-tests that I dont know what moore I can take blood-test for.And my doctor say everything is fine,he cant find nothing wrong whit me or my blood.

But I have to say that diabetes is in my family.My mother had it,and my grandfather had it.Both has past away.

But maybe there can be a link to diabetes and HH? I dont know?.Just know that sugar triggers my sweating alot,and isnt sugar 1 of the things that people whit diabetes should stay away from?Just a tought?

Think it was Jezza who bringed this up last time whit diabetes,not realy sure?But as I can recall many who suffers from HH replied that they had family members whit diabetes! If I remember right?

Last edited:

gsmax5

Hmm...Type 1 diabetes runs in the family and I have hyperhidrosis. I'm pretty lean though, and I eat lots of sugary junk food; I'm not sure if that completely rules out diabetes though.

Jezza

Hi there,

I don't think we have diabetes...many people with HH have people with type 1 diabetes in their family (inclusing myself), but then again many people have diabetes regardless.

I was diagnosed for one week with diabetes one time. Had a glucose test and it came back '18' (I don't know if the english have a different measure) which would have been a clear indication of diabetes (normal is 5-7, can vary, over 10 is usually sign of diabetes). I was quite happy there was an answer finally but then one week later a follow up test (measuring an indicator for average glucose level over a longer time period) came back negative.

So, not full on diabetes then, HOWEVER, hormones like cortisol/norepinefrine raise the blood glucose level. I still think (but this is just my personal opinion) it's possible that the production of these hormones can be temporarily raised, (causing sweating, heart rate and blood pressure rise etc) fi by a small neuroendocrine tumor, therefore intermittently raising blood glucose levels, but not long enough to make the averages go up significantly.

This is because there's first of all a range that's deemed normal, and moreover, if the human body encounters surges of certain substances, biofeedback mechanisms will oftentimes cause it to lower baseline production of those substances, anticipating a sudden surge, kind of like when people use steroids, in time they are making less and less testosteron themselves. In theory, I think you could have a situation where glucose is elevated intermittently (causing sweating), the base production is lower (causing even more sweating) and the average still within the normal range (which means no diagnosis, no treatment of condition causing it). But it could also just be a bad reading in the lab of course, who knows...

Last edited:

aboobooboobooo

Yeah watch out for that diabetes. Lots of people don't take it seriously enough, but I've had family who have lost their feet because of it.

FOR REAL

Banned
i thought about that before so i got tested (all clear)
but i know what you mean, the feeling of needing insulin

madmike

'Yeah watch out for that diabetes. Lots of people don't take it seriously enough, but I've had family who have lost their feet because of it. '

I'm sorry about that. Diabetes stories scare me so much. Especially since i'm a real sweet tooth. i've had blood tests thought and confirmed i didn't have it, just gotta work at the prevention though...