Anyone else feel like they are invisible?

S_Spartan

It seems like when I try to reach out to people they just ignore me. Online/offline doesn't matter it's always the same[sound of crickets chirping].
Emails are never replied to, tweets are ignored, threads are buried with no reply, phone calls never returned, resume completely ignored without even a rejection letter.
It's the story of my life.
I am really starting to wonder if I even exist at all. Maybe people really can't hear or see me.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yeah, pretty much. The sad thing is I've kinda just got use to it.

Then again, I've never been one for drawing attention to myself, I'm not really comfortable being the centre of attention, either.

nicole1

And...being in the spotlight makes me uncomfortable. I got my fair share this semester. I prefer to hide sometimes.

But when it counts...like here, with psychologists, or with family, I wish someone wouldn't ignore me.

S_Spartan

Yes, it is nice to hide sometimes but I think that we all want to be noticed to some degree. We all like attention and connecting with people now and then. It seems to come so easy for some people.

coyote

there was a time in high school when i felt like i was invisible

imagine my surprise when they pitched me out of the girl's locker room

D

deleted user 1

It seems like when I try to reach out to people they just ignore me. Online/offline doesn't matter it's always the same[sound of crickets chirping].
Emails are never replied to, tweets are ignored, threads are buried with no reply, phone calls never returned, resume completely ignored without even a rejection letter.
It's the story of my life.
I am really starting to wonder if I even exist at all. Maybe people really can't hear or see me.

Man, I can relate with those. It sucks, but, lets look at it this way. At least those kinds of people do the favor of not having to endure them, or be hurt by them.

AGR

I usually dont want much attention on myself,but I do feel diferent,but not invisible,even here,some time ago I thought I was at least similar with people here,but I am not,my views are really diferent from people in general,I can only really relate with few persons.

Last edited:

Kiwong

No I don't feel invisible. Sometimes I wish I did, because at times I am not up to talking to people who recognise me.