Anyone collect swords?

DeathMetal

Or any other medieval weapons or armor?

For some reason I've always had an interest in swords. Mostly large European great swords, but I also like Japanese katanas. So far I only have two swords, but I would like to buy more and start a collection. If I was rich I would probably have an entire room dedicated to this stuff.

My current collection, the big sword is a Scottish Claymore, the small one is just some cheap short sword. I have no idea why I bought that... Actually they are both really cheap, I will probably shell out the money to buy a quality sword for my next purchase.
swords.jpg

madness_lover

Well, right now I only have one sword (might include a pic later). It is a katana, I got it cheap but considering the price and the fact that it is a replica the katana is actually quite sturdy and well made.

Japanese swords are very sleek and beautiful but I'm really into medieval swords and daggers, especially if they have intricate detailing on the handle/blade. Hoping to set up a nice collection in the future when I have the money to buy great quality swords worthy of display.

...oh and by the way Hello! Just joined the forum :D

DeathMetal

Japanese swords are nice, like you said they have a sleek look to them. I've been considering either a stick katana, or an odachi for my next purchase.

And welcome to the forums!

madness_lover

Thanks!

The one that I have is an Odachi, those can be a little heavy at first..played around with it a little bit doing a kata. They make a good display piece and give you a great workout at the same time hahaha. Stick katanas are also nice.

FOR REAL

Banned
i tend not to these days, but i did buy a Scottish Claymore letter opener for my grans 80th birthday recently, i dont know if that counts though

mrb

i did but henry the 8th borrowed it to chop his wifes head off , he never gave it back ...

LadyWench

DeathMetal, I love you, lol. I thought I was the only one on here that collected this type of stuff. My room is dedicated to various Medieval weapons. I'd like to get more, of course. Since the site will only let me put up four pictures per post, I'll do a few of them.

Spiked club.
spikedclub.jpg

German flail.
flail.jpg

daggerthing.jpg

Just a small plaque with tiny twin swords. Sorry for the glare.
swordplaque.jpg

LadyWench

At first you think it's just a regular flail...
flaildaggercombo.jpg

And then BAM! A dagger, too.
flaildaggercomboii.jpg

swirlyknife.jpg

I actually don't care much for this shield, but it was all I could find and afford.
shieldu.jpg

More coming...

LadyWench

And last but not least...

Sting from Lord of the Rings.
stingc.jpg

I'd love to get more weapons from LOTR, such as Gimli's ax, Aragorn's sword, Gandalf's sword and staff, Boromir's sword. God, I could go on forever. I'm such a loser.

Anyway, thanks for the thread. I enjoyed sharing these. Sorry I posted so many.

Luke1993

I have a survival knife, (Y'know the ones that have a compass, matches and stuff in it) and some studded nunchaku. Nothing medieval I'm afraid :) I hope to buy a machete someday as well

Predacon

There's some nice looking weapons on here, I love the claymore. I'd love to collect some swords, but I don't have the space to store them or the money to buy them. My brother has a nice set of replica Samurai swords, he's looking for a broadsword but they're just so expensive at least in New Zealand.

DeathMetal

And last but not least...

Sting from Lord of the Rings.
stingc.jpg

I'd love to get more weapons from LOTR, such as Gimli's ax, Aragorn's sword, Gandalf's sword and staff, Boromir's sword. God, I could go on forever. I'm such a loser.

Anyway, thanks for the thread. I enjoyed sharing these. Sorry I posted so many.

Wow LadyWench, you have a nice collection going there. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

DeathMetal

There's some nice looking weapons on here, I love the claymore. I'd love to collect some swords, but I don't have the space to store them or the money to buy them. My brother has a nice set of replica Samurai swords, he's looking for a broadsword but they're just so expensive at least in New Zealand.

The claymore only cost me $40.00 US on eBay when I got it a few years ago. :) It looks fine from a distance, but you can tell the craftsmanship isn't all that great up close. You get what you pay for I guess.

Predacon

$40 thats good price. I have trouble finding daggers for that sort of price. I can understand why the quality would be iffy.