Any hispanic (particularly Mexican) SA'ers out there?

BornAgain

Just wondering if theres any mexicans who have big social families and are having trouble socializing with theyre family and stuff like that. (Also any other latinos)

NYOrdeal

Soy Dominicano amigo, como estas?

To a extent i have a problem with a majority of my family.
Especially cousins, but eh fuck them lol.

BornAgain

carmenaii said:
hola, soy mexicana y vengo de una graaaan familia fobica sociall.

are you serious, do you speak english? If not:

serio? cuantos anos tienes? tienes un foto de usted?

carmenaii

I speak english but it is really bad. I have 9 brothers and 4 sisters. Now, i am 31 years old, but, sorry, don't have any picture of me in any site in the web (well, only one, that one of my brothers show in his blog, but I was like 15).

I always have had problems in my relations with my family but only when we have parties. I don't like to go. I use to avoid this situations an every time socializing in this parties is more hard to me. Maybe is this la cause of me to be here in u.s.a, long away of everybody. Here, I have a really good excuse to be absent in that unconfortables situations. But good thing is that they love me so much anyway.

Why your question? Have you some mexican antecessor o something like that?

Also, I have better relations with that brothers that are younger than me, that with the olders.

aboobooboobooo

100% pure Mexican, and yeah I have problems with family too. Especially in parties, quinces and weddings when I get bombarded with questions about why im still single and not married yet. I just tell those jotos to stay of my back, I'm only 21 man I ain't looking to get married yet. It would be nice to get a girl though.

nico82

I'm Salvadorean and yes, I've had problems with family get togethers but thankfully most of my extended family lives thousands of miles away. Oh and add being gay and in the closet and you got a huge double edged sword right there.

Videotape

NO im not mexican. but i know a mexican girl who went back to mexico for a couple of months to visit her family and said how difficult it was. SA and mexicans obviously don't mix.

alwaysrunning

Not sure how old this thread is but im also hispanic...Soy mexicana y tengo 20 anos. Odio fiestas de familia pero como soy de familia latina parece que hay una fiesta cada semana en mi casa. Como dicen soy la rara de la familia....

Steppen-Wolf

Being hispanic and not sociable is like being a bird that can't fly.

Hispanic culture tends to be so based around family, friends, social gatherings and whatever that suffering from SA can really make you stand out, at least compared to some other "colder" cultures.

MrJones

Aquí un catalàn de 20 añitos (y por lo visto el único que tiene la 'ñ' en el teclado... o eso o la gente tiene algún "ano" que le sobra :D)

Odio fiestas de familia pero como soy de familia latina parece que hay una fiesta cada semana en mi casa. Como dicen soy la rara de la familia....

A mi siempre me ha pasado lo mismo, pero como soy el pequeño de la família y ya estoy crecidito parece que se les están empezando a pasar las ganas de festejarlo todo.

Being hispanic and not sociable is like being a bird that can't fly.

Hispanic culture tends to be so based around family, friends, social gatherings and whatever that suffering from SA can really make you stand out, at least compared to some other "colder" cultures.

So true. Maybe I should move to Finland or Norway :D