Anxious Relaxing Around People

Is it just me or does anyone else get really anxious when certain people see you relaxing? For me it's housemates, my parents, and anyone in authority. I always feel as if i should be doing something and that they see me as useless, lazy and an inconvenience...

206Raider

Lol, I get that way too, like if I'm sitting back and somebody comes into the room sometimes I'll get up and pretend I was about to do something..It depends on who it is, if it's somebody I don't know that usually when I do that

thewiz

I'm old enough to have established a relationship with my parents where they let me do 'me'. They know I could take care of myself, and I do (in terms of my life, school work, etc..). Never really "pretend" to do work..

The only thing I could think of is that I tell my friends that I do work/ am studying just so I don't ruin an 'image' or just so to compete with them.. or something like that. Who knows? :confused:

Omg..I always feel I am the only one...but apparently not. I'd say iy's because I don't value myself enough to allow me to relax and instead I end up trying to prove myself to others...::(:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I always feel as if i should be doing something and that they see me as useless, lazy and an inconvenience...
Same here, but I also feel uncomfortable if they watched me working If I already am working, i stop and wait until they leave. But yes, i know what you mean... That's why i hate summer and winter break, there's nothing much to do and i fear looking like a lazy bastard.

dooby-duck

I find it nearly impossible to relax even when I'm alone. I don't mind people thinking I'm lazy. You have to have time off from doing stuff sometime. Just tell them that you're thinking.

206Raider

I'll take it one step further, one time in high school I felt really sick and I went in the nurse's office and they told me to lay down for a minute and then some girl came in on the other bed and I felt uncomfortable so I was like I feel better now (even though I was really sick) and went back to class lol

da_illest101

Is it just me or does anyone else get really anxious when certain people see you relaxing? For me it's housemates, my parents, and anyone in authority. I always feel as if i should be doing something and that they see me as useless, lazy and an inconvenience...
lol and i thought i was the only one doing that, sometimes i even wait for them to come before acting like i'm doing something