Anxiety worse in summer

Hi does anyone else find their social phobia is alot worse with the hot weather ?

I hate the summer with all the people out and about alot more. I dont have anything personal against people in general i just mean there is more chance of seeing people i know.

Triggering my anxiety even more . Im fxxxing sick of this sxxt ......

arjuna

Summer doesn't affect my SA. Summer just pisses me off a bit. Other things affect my SA but not the heat.

Sacrament

I prefer Summertime because I can go biking and whatnot. If it pisses you off because people are out having fun, work on yourself so you can hang out and have fun too.

arjuna

It pisses me off because where I live on the Med coast it is damp and hot at the same time. It's nasty if you have to work in it. Much prefer the winter personally.

Zaki

Also, in summer here you have the added bonus of tiger mosquitos.

Yikes, they sound vicious.

My anxiety is definitely higher during the summer. I feel more self-conscious during the summer than any other time of year. I hate it.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Hi does anyone else find their social phobia is alot worse with the hot weather ?

I hate the summer with all the people out and about alot more. I dont have anything personal against people in general i just mean there is more chance of seeing people i know.

Triggering my anxiety even more . Im fxxxing sick of this sxxt ......

Running into people I used to know is one of my big fears, too. And you're right about it being worse during the summer, since longer daylight hours and (for some bewildering reason) heat mean they're out there for longer periods and in greater quantities.

It's really not unlike a zombie apocalypse for 'phobes - you just try to go unseen and avoid being cornered. :D