Anxiety is getting worse.

WishingICould

The anxiety i suffer from has gotten worse over the past week or so. I've noticed that watching the news and things like that make it worse so i try to avoid it but obviously you can't avoid it completely. Well, when i saw the Boston bombings on the news i completely freaked out. Now they're saying that they're worried about the London marathon on Saturday (i live in the UK). I'm literally scared to go out the house other than to work and back and keep thinking that they're going to blow us up on Saturday. The world is just a terrifying place to me.

MikeyC

I've noticed that watching the news and things like that make it worse so i try to avoid it but obviously you can't avoid it completely.
No, you can't, but you can severely limit the amount of news you get. Avoid everything - news broadcasts, newspapers, news on the Internet, everything. The more you avoid, the better.

Now they're saying that they're worried about the London marathon on Saturday (i live in the UK). I'm literally scared to go out the house other than to work and back and keep thinking that they're going to blow us up on Saturday. The world is just a terrifying place to me.
The world is a terrifying place to be because the news makes you believe bad things are going to happen all the time. It's sensationalist drivel and you should pay no attention to it.

You should be worried about the London marathon because the news told you to be worried about it? I think you should just turn off that propaganda and do whatever you want. While the Boston bombings are a tragedy, what are the odds of the London marathon having a similar fate? Infinitesimal, but the news, being the sensationalist bull**** that it is, wants you to be scared, so you'll tune in to what happens. Ratings, baby. It's all about ratings. And keeping the people in fear.