Anxiety comes and goes?

Quietguy11

For me I function differently at different times of the day. Today for instance I was chatty all day, found interactions to be easy (again, I am taking medication which has enhanced my social skills) and I just felt pretty positive and good all day. But around 8:00pm I started experiencing not emotional (worry) anxiety but chemical anxiety. I felt like the chemicals in my brain were screwed up and my heart was heavy with anxiety. This chemical anxiety is not emotional because there is no feeling attached to the anxiety that would be a reason for the anxiety. I had no worried thoughts... just felt like my chemicals were off kilter. But the funny thing is I can be functional all day with minimal anxiety but then out of nowhere (lasting up to 5 hours) I go through these anxiety spells that make me very frustrated. When they come upon me I am usually unable to operate cognitively. Meaning I couldn't type away a message of this length during the anxiety spell as I would not be able to think with a fluent train of thoughts, but now that the anxiety has passed again I am able to operate quite naturally. Anxiety is weird!!

LoyalXenite

I often find myself getting worse at night. No matter how the day goes, nights have always been the hardest for me.

hidwell

My anxiety comes and goes tends to be worse in situations that involve social interaction, and at night I can be quite morose. Having reactive depression on top of that is no icing on the cake.

jimmy75

I find my anxiety extends beyond just social anxiety to things like OCD, intrusive thoughts and depression. So unless I'm drunk or on medication i'm always anxious to some extent.

Quietguy11

Night seems to be the time where anxiety is at its worse for a lot of people. I know that my anxiety levels increase rapidly at night time. One theory is that night is quiet and dark and reminds people subconsciously or unconsciously of death, which can trigger a lot of anxiety. As a Christian I just want to say that death has been conquered through the great sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary just outside of Jerusalem in Golgotha some 2,000 years ago. I am not pushing Christianity though... Oftentimes people will associate Jesus Christ with organized religion or self-righteousness and legalism in certain Christian sects and it will turn them off from wanting to put simple applied faith in scriptures of the Bible such as John 3:16 that say For G-d so loved the world that He Gave [in sacrifice] His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." It then goes on to say that God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world might be Saved through Him. Being an individual who has received the gift of the Holy Spirit through Baptism and repentance from sin through the Cross of Christ I have been given access in prayer through Christ's name [John 14:6] to receive peace from G-d when peace elsewhere is not present or available.

The skeptical mind will say prayer is wishful thinking. But it amazed me tonight when I was going through a terrible anxiety spell and could feel frustration coming on. Instead of getting angry and getting mad at G-d (it's human tendency to blame G-d seeing how everything is sifted through His Hands) I simply humbled myself to Him and asked for peace to come over my soul and spirit, and I asked it in the name of Jesus most of all.

Within just a couple of minutes I could feel the anxiety in my heart lessen so much that my mind became clearer and I was able to get through the night without much anxiety at all. The only anxiety I had remaining was what doctors in psychiatry and psychology would call 'normal anxiety levels.'

The question still remained... why doesn't G-d just relieve us from anxiety permanently?

I would think that the reason for daily anxiety is so that we will become dependent on G-d for peace that He freely gives through prayer. I find when I am distracted for many hours by anime my spirit and heart starts feeling anxious because I am not retaining Him in my mind, and to grab my attention He will cause internal anxiety within my body so that I will call out to Him and be reminded that He is my only peace and source of happiness. Not anime, not manga, not drawing, but Him.

For those who have not received Jesus into your heart. It is not too late to make Him the Lord and Savior of your life/spirit so that you may receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit, the Eternal Seal of G-d that will keep you secure through Christ until the day you are united together with Him in paradise.

I didn't mean to go into my faith as extreme as I just did... though I believe securing faith in Christ is the most important thing under the stars, the primary message was to secure a relationship with Him so that when moments of unbearable anxiety come that no medication or relaxation technique seems to fix, you can receive His peace, which the world cannot see, because His peace activates/energizes/rejuvenates/nourishes, and heals the very spirit that is within your physical body that gives you conscious awareness, a voice, movement, and an intellect. His peace that He freely gives through Christ Jesus is a peace that the world cannot access. But you can access it; that is, if the Spirit of God who raised up Christ from the dead lives in you. :)

Yes they are called anxiety attack or panic attacks. Sometimes you discover something, a place, action or even person that calms you lower or does the opposite as well as makes you worse. In this case you should talk to your Dr.

dannyboy65

I've always had extreme anxiety but recently it seems to have been worse. I take 7 pills and my anxiety is still terrible. I'll be happy all day and then bam just like that I'm having an anxiety attack. I'm sick of it

LazyHermitCrab

Night seems to be the time where anxiety is at its worse for a lot of people. I know that my anxiety levels increase rapidly at night time. One theory is that night is quiet and dark and reminds people subconsciously or unconsciously of death, which can trigger a lot of anxiety. As a Christian I just want to say that death has been conquered through the great sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary just outside of Jerusalem in Golgotha some 2,000 years ago. I am not pushing Christianity though... Oftentimes people will associate Jesus Christ with organized religion or self-righteousness and legalism in certain Christian sects and it will turn them off from wanting to put simple applied faith in scriptures of the Bible such as John 3:16 that say For G-d so loved the world that He Gave [in sacrifice] His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." It then goes on to say that God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world might be Saved through Him. Being an individual who has received the gift of the Holy Spirit through Baptism and repentance from sin through the Cross of Christ I have been given access in prayer through Christ's name [John 14:6] to receive peace from G-d when peace elsewhere is not present or available.

The skeptical mind will say prayer is wishful thinking. But it amazed me tonight when I was going through a terrible anxiety spell and could feel frustration coming on. Instead of getting angry and getting mad at G-d (it's human tendency to blame G-d seeing how everything is sifted through His Hands) I simply humbled myself to Him and asked for peace to come over my soul and spirit, and I asked it in the name of Jesus most of all.

Within just a couple of minutes I could feel the anxiety in my heart lessen so much that my mind became clearer and I was able to get through the night without much anxiety at all. The only anxiety I had remaining was what doctors in psychiatry and psychology would call 'normal anxiety levels.'

The question still remained... why doesn't G-d just relieve us from anxiety permanently?

I would think that the reason for daily anxiety is so that we will become dependent on G-d for peace that He freely gives through prayer. I find when I am distracted for many hours by anime my spirit and heart starts feeling anxious because I am not retaining Him in my mind, and to grab my attention He will cause internal anxiety within my body so that I will call out to Him and be reminded that He is my only peace and source of happiness. Not anime, not manga, not drawing, but Him.

For those who have not received Jesus into your heart. It is not too late to make Him the Lord and Savior of your life/spirit so that you may receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit, the Eternal Seal of G-d that will keep you secure through Christ until the day you are united together with Him in paradise.

I didn't mean to go into my faith as extreme as I just did... though I believe securing faith in Christ is the most important thing under the stars, the primary message was to secure a relationship with Him so that when moments of unbearable anxiety come that no medication or relaxation technique seems to fix, you can receive His peace, which the world cannot see, because His peace activates/energizes/rejuvenates/nourishes, and heals the very spirit that is within your physical body that gives you conscious awareness, a voice, movement, and an intellect. His peace that He freely gives through Christ Jesus is a peace that the world cannot access. But you can access it; that is, if the Spirit of God who raised up Christ from the dead lives in you. :)

Hey I'm a Christian too. I'd like to be your friend because some Christians annoy me but you seem nice lol. Anyway maybe it could be your medication stopping and it effecting your brain in some way?