Another thread about self harming, also eating disorders etc

Meow

I found these videos on youtube, and one of them really made me realize we do self harm in different ways. Eating disorders, cutting etc.

I know myself (whether some of you want to believe it or not) struggle hugley with my self image and my weight, everyone says i'm not fat & have a great body but i'm determined to lose a bunch of weight, but it seems I can never be satisified. And I wonder how far do I have to go before I am satisfied. Therapy doesn't seem to help... medication doesn't seem to help... like a couple of the videos say "this is my therapy"

I am a self harmer and have been for about 6 years, I got better for a while but now i'm doing it more often again and in new places.

I know some of you on here feel the same way as I do and do the same things I do so I thought I would post the links to the videos on here.

Like the people who made the videos say they're not meant to promote self harm or anorexia or anything like that but just to bring awareness.

I'm not sure if it might make some recovering self harmers feel worse or tempt them to do it, so if you think you might be one of those people please don't watch these videos.

But I personally found them helpful and felt less alone after watching them, altho they're quite stomach turning. These video's are amazing, I especially like the first one

THEY ARE VERY GRAPHIC AND MIGHT OFFEND AND GROSS SOME PEOPLE OUT, THEY ALSO MIGHT TRIGGER SELF HARMERS TO TO DO IT. THIS IS A WARNING SO DON'T WATCH IF YOU CAN'T STOMACH GRAPHIC IMAGES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_SdN9O_8Xo&search=self harm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goSHpHrY6E&search=self harm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xruj3nS7GOI&search=self harm

Faded

Hey, thank you for starting this topic. I always felt embarassed talking about my eating disorders .. i seem to jump from one to another.
its like running in circles ..

And im sorry, The youtubes didnt open, they seem to have blocked it in my country. lol.

Meow, its gonna be great if you shared more about your eating disorder .. if its okay with you ..

Thank you.

Sable

I was feeling so crappy and alone the other night I actually looked up some of the old pro-ana (anorexia) sites I used to frequent. Sometimes it's good to know you're not alone, even in the really messed up stuff. However, some of those sites are just plain sick. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about some of the stuff on there, but now when I see 13 year old girls asking for tips on 'how to be anorexic', it's not so appealing.

One site I visited had a picture of this really skinny girl who, apparently, used to be on the OC. She was having her pic taken with a group of average 'normal' looking girls who, I thought, looked just fine. But when I read some of the comments from girl who runs the site, and from other visitors, they were really, really nasty. According to them they were fat cows, and disgusting and all the rest. It was quite disturbing, as I thought they looked quite good.

I have no desire to go back to thinking like that. I'm glad now I went to these sites, if only to remind myself of how messed up my thinking used to be, and how far I've come since then.

But you're right, some of these things can be helpful to people who are in these situations. I used to use these sites all the time, and I found them very helpful. I'm just glad that right now I have no desire to watch the videos.