Another first.

BlaiseBLATES

Okay just a recap so this makes sense. I had agoraphobia for two years and ten months, I pretty much never left my home in this time, not even for school. Just recently I got over it (nearly) and am finding myself comfortable to explore new things.
Today, I go with my nephew and sister-in-law to the zoo. I'm so nervous that I havent slept all night and I'm tempted to go looking a mess just to get some sleep, but I have decided against it. The one difference about this journey is that I won't have my clutch... My cigarettes. My mum is quite accepting that in some situations I cannot cope at all and will have a cigarette to calm my nerves, but she insists it is kept from the rest of the family.
I'm very very nervous, but very very excited, hopefully having my nephew with me will distract me from majority of my anxiety :)

WeirdyMcGee

oh-- good luck!!

If you must have something in your hand to quench your fixation a bit, you could try bringing along a pencil or a toothpick?
That may help a bit at least-- if it comes down to you needing something to just hold.

Dr. Doom

Zoos are pretty cool places, I find that I have very interesting ponderings while walking around, seeing the animals...hopefully you have a good time.