Am I different?

Tab

I'm 20, I want a relationship. Is it weird to want to be only with one girl? I wanna start a family one day soon, I wanna have kids. I just wanna be with someone who understands me and I can be myself with. I dont know if I will find anyone, but I've told myself if I dont find anyone by my late 20's I'm gonna end it all. It's pretty ****ed if I can't find anyone by then...:confused:

Tree branch

Are you different? I think that's the wrong question/topic for this because no, you're not. There are a lot of people who want that. You should stop with the negative stuff too, it can kind of get annoying. If you're just going to give up, there's really nothing worse than that in my mind. I think you should keep trying, and you have many years anyways. That's something a lot of people want, so if you actually go out looking I'm sure you'll find something eventually.

danstelter

I'm 20, I want a relationship. Is it weird to want to be only with one girl? I wanna start a family one day soon, I wanna have kids. I just wanna be with someone who understands me and I can be myself with. I dont know if I will find anyone, but I've told myself if I dont find anyone by my late 20's I'm gonna end it all. It's pretty ****ed if I can't find anyone by then...:confused:

No, it's not weird at all...many men are this way, but many are not. Society and the media tell us that men do not want to be with just one woman, but many of us do, and there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's quite a wonderful way of life!

That being said, you are probably ready for a more mature way of life and a more serious relationship. While it is possible you can find one at 20, it is difficult because most people are not ready for one at this age. The most likely event is that you find someone when you are in your mid-to-late 20's because that is when most people begin to settle down.

There's nothing wrong with you. What you should do now is work on creating a happy life for yourself so that life is that much better when you meet your partner!

Errordotocx

I don't believe you are different. I know plenty of people that have no social phobia whatsoever that are just looking for one person to start a relationship with. I can see myself possibly falling into this category. It really depends on if the right girl comes around at the right time. I could go with short term or long term either way. I want kids some day eventually. So I don't believe there is anything wrong with you.

I can although see where you are coming from, I myself being 21 ( nearly a week till i'm 22). I feels sometimes like I am running out of time. But don't get down on yourself. Keep positive and eventually things will turn in your favor. Honestly, stick in there.

zofia-life-coach

I think its great that you know what you want. Stick to it. Decide what kind of girl you want and start dating. With looking for a partner is bit like looking for a job. You can’t just wait for it to appear in your life. Take the initiative and don’t give up.

recluse

It's often assumed that every young guy does not want to settle down and instead find the next girl to screw. We're not all like that. There was this guy who i worked with and i didn't like him much and he used to say things like ''If i was single i'd f### a different girl every night!''....That's such a caveman attitude and i hate guys who are like that.

Ubersonic

Why would you think that is weird? Maybe you are just hanging out with too many "players".

I want the same thing, but women are waiting longer to settle down. It's going to be a while yet.

TheFreak

No, you're not different. Alot of guys in their 20's feel exactly the same way (myself included).

Except for the 'end it all' part of course. I hope you're not serious about that, plenty of people don't find the 'one' to start a family with until after their 20's, I hope you give yourself a little more leeway than that.

Last edited:

SalemEdgerton1

You sound like me honestly. Let me tell you that you are far from weird but chances are you'll have to do some searching to find that girl. Life's all about trial and error. Rarely if ever does someone find their soul mate on the first try. Just give it time and enjoy the times you spend with people along the way; you'll most likely find the girl of your dreams while your waiting. The average marriage age in the United States at least is somewhere around the neighborhood of 28-29 I believe and some people don't marry until later on in their lives. It's really about finding the right person really. I know the wait is agonizing and excruciating but that's all you can do really. You have to wait and be ready to take action when the time comes and you cross paths with her. It may sound stupid but there isn't anything in this world that's worth end it all for. Don't end it all when the love of your life is just down the street. I wish you the best of luck in your search and know you will find her.

Errordotocx

You sound like me honestly. Let me tell you that you are far from weird but chances are you'll have to do some searching to find that girl. Life's all about trial and error. Rarely if ever does someone find their soul mate on the first try. Just give it time and enjoy the times you spend with people along the way; you'll most likely find the girl of your dreams while your waiting. The average marriage age in the United States at least is somewhere around the neighborhood of 28-29 I believe and some people don't marry until later on in their lives. It's really about finding the right person really. I know the wait is agonizing and excruciating but that's all you can do really. You have to wait and be ready to take action when the time comes and you cross paths with her. It may sound stupid but there isn't anything in this world that's worth end it all for. Don't end it all when the love of your life is just down the street. I wish you the best of luck in your search and know you will find her.

I like the way you think sir. High five.

licorice

Thanks! I just wish I could always think that way all the time. It really can make a hell of a lot of difference when you change how you think about things.

Salem,your words are inspirational! You sound like youre on the right path,keep it up! There is not set age to find that "special"person..I know,you dont want to be 90 by the time you do find them but if you share the same attitudes as Salem you may be suprised at the outcome,but thats ultimately up to you...

SalemEdgerton1

You're right licorice. Only you can choose how to live your life so focus on the good things happening that can happen in your life now and let the relationships come as they will. The best things are the things that come in the dark.

Nack

Banned
I eventually would want that but i dont think anything is going to happen anytime soon, and im getting old. 19 now...20 this year.

SalemEdgerton1

I eventually would want that but i dont think anything is going to happen anytime soon, and im getting old. 19 now...20 this year.

I'm 20 turning 21 in September, so trust me when I say you have a lot of time ahead of you. Don't think of it like it's some countdown that you have to achieve such and such by this time or it'll just become work and lose the fun of achieving it.

licorice

20 is old? As I have mentioned before,if thats old than I better get the prune juice ready...You are just beginning,you have plenty of time,you need experience and to realize that you may have to go through several experiences in order to evolve and be better prepared for what it is you want...

licorice

I'm 20 turning 21 in September, so trust me when I say you have a lot of time ahead of you. Don't think of it like it's some countdown that you have to achieve such and such by this time or it'll just become work and lose the fun of achieving it.

What he said! Try to enjoy these experiences as much as you can once they begin,and yes they wont all be picnics,but it shouldnt seem like drudgery and time constraints..Stop putting so much pressure on yourself,you dont need that...