Alcohol

DukeOtakuNukem

Recently, I have been finding myself not wanting to socialize with people anymore in fear of rejection, or being disappointed by the outcome of the interaction, and I have been just depressed to the point where I drink sake for several hours straight, attempting to forget about the pain of knowing that I will never be able to successfully interact with humans, let alone Japanese friends whom I would be able to get along with. I feel that every human interaction is a waste of time, as everyone is talking to everyone else, and even though I do not interrupt the conversations, I never get a turn to do anything conversation-related, and ignored. It seems as though my attempt to socialize with the human race only resulted in failure, and now alcohol is my best friend, I want to drink, drink, drink, and drink until I can not feel pain anymore, drink, and ****ing drink!!!!!

DukeOtakuNukem

If drinking so much will cause so much pain, then what else can I do to relieve the pain?? I have lost hope in humanity, and I do not know what to do anymore. Knowing that I cannot get along with humans does not make anything look good in the slightest, so I wouldn't know what to do aside from drinking, but build a robot and program it to be a person that is easy to get along with, and then mass produce it, and then replace the world's people with them, and program them all to be welcoming, friendly people, but that isn't something that could be done, so I don't know anymore...

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I know this is not a very helpful answer... but not all people are the same. Looking for friends can be very difficult sometimes, but if you don't give up your search, you will find someone eventually.

DukeOtakuNukem

I understand, I am simply disheartened about the failed interactions I had with humans, and have thus lost trust in the human race as a whole, and feel nothing but envy, and extreme hatred when I see other people doing better than me, it just tells me that I have failed, but thank you, I'll try again to find friends.

Flanscho

Since I had depressions in the past, I decided to stay away from any sort of alcoholic beverages, and that works very well.

I don't know why you drink that much. It makes no sense. You spend a lot of money to destroy your body and isolate you further. :idontknow: I wouldn't do that.

If you don't like the way you socialize with people, do it in other ways. Meet with single people and do stuff with them. Then you don't have to work for getting a chance to say something.

DukeOtakuNukem

Since I had depressions in the past, I decided to stay away from any sort of alcoholic beverages, and that works very well.

I don't know why you drink that much. It makes no sense. You spend a lot of money to destroy your body and isolate you further. :idontknow: I wouldn't do that.

If you don't like the way you socialize with people, do it in other ways. Meet with single people and do stuff with them. Then you don't have to work for getting a chance to say something.

Well, everyone is different. That is why it won't make any sense to you. Not to hurt you or anything, but I am so confused that I don't know what to do. And doing "it" in other ways seems vague to me, I don't know any other ways, or what to do anymore...

DukeOtakuNukem

Would you meet in person? For a drink.

Honestly, I'm in a middle of a struggle, and when humans consistently tell you "You are not doing this right", and then another person comes up to you and tells you the exact opposite, I don't even know anymore. And no I do not drink everyday 24/7, like the original post implies. I know what will happen if I did drink everyday 24/7 after some shows I have seen with my mother about alcoholism, which stopped me from becoming an alcoholic in its tracks. I am expressing intense hopelessness in a different way... I did have some drinks today, but I know well that if I were to do this everyday that it would destroy me, but I feel like I want to do it everyday, even though I know I cannot. I am merely in a deep pit of hopelessness, not knowing what to do at all in terms of meeting people, and such. Thanks for understanding..

Last edited:
i can understand why you turn to alcohol...its a means for temporary escape from your troubles. If you tend to become depressed easily i would try to avoid it at all costs though as it will make you much worse in the end, i know this from experiance. Also it can become a kind of crutch quite easily if you start to rely on it, then the next thing you know it is controlling you....you dont sound like you have a problem with alcohol yet, but just be mindfull it can develop over time and you can quickly find it hard to get out of the inward spiral of depression it leads to.

DukeOtakuNukem

Alright, thank you very much for the advice, I will keep that in mind. I may have to read about how to successfully meet up with groups, because there might be something I'm missing.

Zav

I've just mentioned stuff like this in another thread, but you have to stop worrying so much about "being accepted" and find things that make you happy. Focus on the self and your own activities.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Though I might not be the best person to give you an advice on this since I don't crave social interactions, why don't you put people aside for a while and concentrate on getting along with yourself? The rest will follow, I think.

hardlove

When I had severe social anxiety, the last time, I actually had a lot of parties ging on at college. I managed to go there and get drunk alot of times with the crowd. It helped me to socialize and, the next day people where talkimg to me and i realized i met people and they came to me when sober. Thats when I started to feel happier because i was no a stranger anymorE. bUT i had a golden rule: never get drunk or drink alone, because it would only get me addicted and stupid. Get drunk yes, when it worth someting, when i started to have some friends from parties they became real friends and i didnt drink so much...i dont know if you can try to do it, we are certainly different, it looks the easy way to deal with it but it helped me....

Alcohol is a temporary solution. Alcohol actually is a depressant.

Pacific has a good idea and so does Zav.

In more drastic words; **** people! **** their opinions and advice to what you should be doing. Do what you want to do. Get up and go to it! Meet up groups are amazing. I just came back from a meetup for April birthdays. We went to a restaurant and they were all nice and cheerful, good people.

Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup they have meet up groups in all areas of the world I believe. See what you can find. Sure as hell beats drinking alone.

Lou-s-Darkness

Don't be so hard on yourself. I also have my own "coping mechanisms" they are bad, but it's hard to stop. For me, it is like I am afraid of letting go of that and changing, then what becomes of me when I let go of that coping device? It's like the fear of emptiness and all the pain rushing towards you and engulfing you in never ending misery.

But you know what? There is a way out; people are just a nuisance, don't let them get to you. I've had my fair share of betrayal and it never ceases. I just let go of people and am focusing on something else, like my hobbies and my studies. Of course, I do get distracted from these things when my depression heightens and just possesses me, but I fight and I try. Maybe it will feel better talking about it instead of drinking yourself to oblivion (maybe not now, but **** like that can get addicting and can easily make you change your mind later on). I wouldn't mind listening, actually I love hearing what people have to say. I would like to help....Let it out by talking, share your suffering with someone or some people on this site or I don't know your personal journal if u have one. I hope I helped a tiny bit? :< I can listen if you wan to talk. Hope you feel better...

DukeOtakuNukem

Yeah, that is something I may get back to. I was on the track to doing something different to distract myself from the real world, when a random thought came in telling me that I will be rejected by people, and hated, which disturbed me a great deal. I haven't kept a journal in a while, I may go back to that, and see how that works. It was so sudden, I haven't had any drinks in almost three months, and all of a sudden, I had that urge again after the horrid thought. In the meantime, I'll just take things slow.