Alcohol

gsmax5

Will the intake of alcohol really get rid of all my social fears temporarily? I've never tried it before, and never wanted to, but I think that my mind is slowly changing.

BlaiseBLATES

Alcohol only made my social anxiety worse.
It's cured for that moment where you have the alcohol in your system..
But some bad experiences could easily make you so much worse.

johnny 85

Alcohol only made my social anxiety worse.
It's cured for that moment where you have the alcohol in your system..
But some bad experiences could easily make you so much worse.

yes i agree. i find that when i drink alcohol its makes me a lot worse. easy ting for me wood be to stop drinking but my mates go drinking every weekend. i stopped goin out every weekend, id only go out drinking 2 weekends in a month now!!

rayray

I use alcohol very rarely,but when i use it,it really helps me to be less anxious,i can talk free to anyone,i can touch like any girl i like,it makes things easier for me.

i got drunk this friday at party(i never really got invited to parties),it was great at first,some girls paid attention to me,3 of them took me upstairs to talk and have drink,one of them was my close friend,but other 2 i didnt really know,later i held that one girls hand and stroked it while slept(i think i did smthn like that for first time,but it felt great) and talked to other one which i started to like during that night,later i got kinda ignored by them and saw them sleeping with some other guys and i felt really depressed,i never knew that i can get into a depression while being drunk,but i did and it was horrible,i even said some bad things to that girl i knew for a long time,like blaming her for that she introduced me to this girl,however she didnt get offended,still i apologised to her next day.

dont bother reading this cr*p. :)

Luke1993

I find it helps, but I don't know for sure lol! Whiskey is my favourite drink I do not like beers and stuff.

Krista

Will the intake of alcohol really get rid of all my social fears temporarily? I've never tried it before, and never wanted to, but I think that my mind is slowly changing.

I'm sorry but that's a bit ridiculous. Sure it'll make you feel better(maybe) for the time being but you used the word temporarily. Alcohol is a depressant, more than likely consuming alcohol just because you want to get rid of your fears for a little will feel good at the time, that is if you don't make an a** of yourself but after when you're stuck with a hangover you're not gonna feel so good.

Alcohol can transform me into who I would much rather be naturally. Into someone who can laugh and enjoy himself and the company of others without excessive self consciousness. I wish there was a drug that could do the same.

A little beer won't kill you, especially if it's one or two a week. I was 26 years alcohol free, until April of this year. I just had enough with everything going on in my life, and thought 'What the Hell'. I don't care about my health anymore, because I'm nearly at a crossroads, all dark and foreboding. I'd rather die enjoying myself, instead of waiting in misery for the next 30-40 years, until I die all alone in some cold, depressing council house, with no one to care if I die or not.

Alcohol certainly cured my emetiphobia (fear of puking) thanks to being violently ill for an entire night and passing out cold next to a palm tree outside of the club..alcohol also makes me extremely friendly and make stupid decisions..kind of the norm I guess..

Krista

Well that's a good point. I'm not saying it isn't alright to drink and have a good time but also don't get into the cycle where you feel like you have to drink just to become a likeable person.

Alcohol definitely subsides my social anxiety at the moment, but when I sober up the anxiety from the way I just acted comes rushing back. I generally avoid booze unless it's New Year's or some other kind of celebration where it's ok to act like a jackass.

sullyS1985

It really helps me while im doing it but the next day, everything is worse. My anxiety is worse because i am left wondering what stupid shit i did or said and what my peers think about me because of it. Im also sure you know alcohol is a depressant so it completely voids my antidepressants and makes me more depressed. Do i have fun while im drunk? of course but im not sure it is worth it. I guess that is up to you though.

mrb

yes it might help ..... but dont get like me i was drinking evrey other night just makes me depresed thinking crazy things , like last night drunk depressed , sending stupid stuff on my comp , today i got up did my training went for a run im a happy chappie again , iv got a bit of a problem with drink if im gonna be honest , but im trying to stop drinking , ...... wish me luck lol

mrb

I use alcohol very rarely,but when i use it,it really helps me to be less anxious,i can talk free to anyone,i can touch like any girl i like,it makes things easier for me.

i got drunk this friday at party(i never really got invited to parties),it was great at first,some girls paid attention to me,3 of them took me upstairs to talk and have drink,one of them was my close friend,but other 2 i didnt really know,later i held that one girls hand and stroked it while slept(i think i did smthn like that for first time,but it felt great) and talked to other one which i started to like during that night,later i got kinda ignored by them and saw them sleeping with some other guys and i felt really depressed,i never knew that i can get into a depression while being drunk,but i did and it was horrible,i even said some bad things to that girl i knew for a long time,like blaming her for that she introduced me to this girl,however she didnt get offended,still i apologised to her next day.

to late iv already read it :rolleyes:

olaf687

This is exactly how I feel I talk to people so much better and I'm not worrying about everything I say when im drinking. And im a hell of alot better with the ladies. People like me alot better when im drunk or buzzed because im not all quiet and dull and uncomfortable. But it does have its downside because the next day you feel like complete crap and sometimes are even more anxious the next day. I always hate getting up the next morning when im staying over someones house after drinking its like all awkward seeing them in the morning. Luckily I have been lucky being invited to alot of parties. And sometimes im the center of attention which I don't like all the time.

U

userremoved

I don't mind having a few drinks myself if I'm at some kinda social gathering. That's usually the only way I'll even feel comfortable enough to stay longer than five minutes lol. If you're worried you might act a fool while you're there then don't drink to the point of stupidity, just enough to relax a bit and retain some measure of control. ;)

Rise Against

yes i think it would... however i would wouldn't self medicate with alcohol, to easy to become dependent and an alcoholic... trust me ive been an addict to adderall. its not worth it. it would be much better to use anti-anxiety drugs or smoke weed.

olaf687

yes i think it would... however i would wouldn't self medicate with alcohol, to easy to become dependent and an alcoholic... trust me ive been an addict to adderall. its not worth it. it would be much better to use anti-anxiety drugs or smoke weed.
I used to have a medical marijuana license when I lived in CA and used to smoke weed all the time. It used to work for me but now it just makes me have more anxiety. But I guess it depends if you smoke Sativia or Indica. So now I drink and I feel better socially but I always still think about weed and how if I was doing that I wouldn't have the dreaded hang over. So ill never talk bad about weed, it will always be in my heart:D

exquisite

in short? YES. i hate telling you this, since its such a bad suggestion. in fact, i drank this past friday..& i was actually able to kiss the guy i like, with no anxiety. it was AMAZING. it was exactly the way it should be. the way that i assume "normal" people feel when theyre kissing the person they like. no insecurities, no crazy thoughts, like "get me out of here", fidgeting, etc. it was normal. it was great. its basically like Deathinmusic described it, i can be myself, no worries, no insecurities.. & the thing is, you can do it responsibly. im NOT, by any means, suggesting you get drunk til you pass out & puke all over. because youre gonna feel terrible then, & later, in the morning. but drink slowly, get some food in your system [DO NOT drink on an empty stomach if youre a first time drinker, because you wont even feel yourself getting drunk & you wont know your limit.] start off with small drinks. if youre gonna drink the hard stuff, like vodka, mix a little with juice or something, dont just go crazy. i recommend starting with beer. and PLEASE dont drink & drive, no matter what.

Alcohol can transform me into who I would much rather be naturally. Into someone who can laugh and enjoy himself and the company of others without excessive self consciousness. I wish there was a drug that could do the same.