Advice please :)

xSleepy

so this is about a job.

Ok, I saw an ad in the paper for pre-school/daycare and im thinking about calling. But me, being all shy and stuff, am very nervous about it. And im not sure what to say. Or what I should ask. And the other thing is that I dont even like kids. I dont have any real experience with them. Should I lie and say...oh yeah, i LOVE kids! And blah blah blah. Or do you think its ok to be honest and say, no I havent looked after any kids, but I think it would be a fun experience??? Or something like that? Like I seriously dont know what to say. Im already nervous about it damnit!

Any Advice?

slicenrice

as for what to say, i would call and say: "i saw the ad, and i am interested in the position. can i come in a speak with someone about it?" and just go with the flow of the conversation, and inquire about it and sound interested in it.

and i think that you must be honest with them....don't say that you don't like kids, but tell them that you have no experience with it. if they feel they need someone with experience, and you don't get hired that is okay, because parents might not want someone inexperienced be responsible for their children's safety. but do not lie about that, because it can only lead to bad things.

best of luck with the job!!

TAMPA-BAY

GO AHEAD AND CALL

I would call just to get more information. Adds are very compressed so maby they are willing to train. Or maby you will be assisting someone more experienced.

Before you waste too much time worrying about the interview find out more about the job.

xSleepy

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I asked my mom what I should tell them, and she said I should lie. 8O But I think in this case it wouldnt be good to lie. Ill be honest, but not the part about not liking kids.

So hopefully ill get up the courage to call them tomorrow.
:D