Advert/Robinul with iontophoresis?

jay77

I heard that if you add a few of your robinul tablets to iontophoresis then it can make the results last a lot longer. Has anyone tried this? How many of the pills did you add? I just don't want to waste them if it doesn't even work.

Sprawling

It's a crap shoot since we are all different. The only true way to know if it will work for YOU is to try it for about 7 treatments. Save the used water so it may be used again. I've had to reuse some of my water in the past. I'd usually just run it through one of those Britta pitcher water filters every 3-4 treatments.

CharlesN

I have started trying this. I'm not sure if it was just coincidence but once I added the glyco to the tap water - I went from 85-90% dry to completely dry. But this was my first time trying iontophoresis and it was about my 7th treatment where I started trying the glyco. I bought the 2 mg capsules and open 3 of them per tray to about a litre of water per tray. I'm assuming it doesn't dissolve perfectly, but if it gets close to the 0.5% solution then I'm happy. So I can't say for sure it was the glyco or if it was just that I was reaching my critical 10th treatment. But even at 6 treatments I was already super happy with the reduced sweating. Whether it was the glyco or not - I'll continue to use it as I have been lucky and had zero side effects (headache or dry mouth even) associated with glycopyrrolate.

The cost of the pills is maybe a little expensive($90 after shipping/tax) for 100 pills, but I don't mind paying it at all - I just hope it continues to work. I've tried botox injections twice from Dr. Solish (considered one of the foremost experts in this area at least) and it was never even close to as effective as ionto. I've tried drysol and swabs (I believe it was glyco). I seriously contemplated the surgery. I might buy a proper machine now that I know it works, but then again, why fix what ain't broken and my home set up is working great. I made a homemade device based on on disposable aluminum trays, 6 V lantern batterys and some wire with little clamps. Started the first 5 treatments with 3 batteries, found the discomfort minimal so increased to 4 batts on the 6th treatment and thereafter. Been doing 30 minutes per polarity. It was based on a video on youtube.

I'm super excited about this and would be happy to offer what advice I could on my experiences to date. I'll also have questions I'm sure for the more experience ionto users here - but I'd just like to say to anyone thinking about this - give it a shot. In 2 weeks you will have your answer and the investment can be quite reasonable. I spent $11 per battery, $3 on wire, $15 on fancy clamps because I couldn't find alligator clips, $2 on aluminum trays. The $90 on Avert is extraneous - I'm not sure you would need it and a lot of user testimonials seem to imply you don't.

Really glad I found this site and found this solution. I never thought I'd be cured - and I guess this is not necessarily a cure as it will return without maintenance treatments, but to be able to live without worrying about sweaty hands is something I can't believe I'm doing right now!

Thanks,
Charles

Sprawling

The downside is the batteries will run out and you'll need to keep spending money on batteries. Alternative can be a universal laptop power supply with adjustable voltage for under $50 or an Ultra G Galvanic Stimulator like I use. No need to spend money on the Fischer, Hidrex, etc.

Not unusual for dryness to start taking affect within 7 days. You nay not need the glyco. I'm glad ionto is starting to work for you.

Last edited:

CharlesN

Thanks Sprawling! I've been looking for something like that, a converter from 110V to 24V DC. Would be nice to not have to worry about the batteries. I had never heard of an Ultra G, but I'll definitely look in to it.

I've been researching the stainless steel vs aluminum pan thing and it appears the consensus is that aluminum is safer which is too bad as I found and bought some cheap and nice stainless steel curry dishes at Walmart. Do you have any recommendations for longer lasting aluminum pans or should I just continue with the ultra cheap disposables I am using. Also, for ergonomics, I've been electrical taping the edge that my forearm sometimes touches as before I electrical taped - I'd get the occasional tingle there - and I use a rolled up towel as an arm rest, but perhaps some of the more experienced people have thought up some smarter designs.

Thanks!

Sprawling

I repeat this post from time to time because I'm very pleased with the ongoing results I get from the Ultra G Galvanic Stimulator.
This pulsed machine gives ME the same results as the Fischer MD1A unit except that it's way more comfortable. My hands sweat pretty bad. Ionto cured the sweating about 95%,, sometimes 100%. During the past year my fibromyalgia has played a factor on increasing my sweating. Both machines seem to work equally cutting the sweat down to 50% to 85% depending on my body flareups.

This just proves to me how over priced IONTO machines really are. MY latest side by side testing of both machines made me a convert to pulsed current. I've switched over to my Ultra G Galvanic Stimulator machine full time. I've been using the Fischer unit since the summer of 2005. I starting using the pulsed unit since January 2012 and have been doing varies side by side test that are in the back posts of this forum.

As of this posting I've been strictly using the Ultra G unit for over 6 months while the Fischer MD-1a unit sits in the closet. I no longer experience pain with ionto treatments. It's wonderful.

Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator
www.google.com/search?q=Ultra-G+Digital+Galvanic+Stimulator

This other machine appears to be exactly the same except it doesn't have a digital readout.

PGS-123 Pulsed Galvanic Stimulator
www.google.com/search?q=PGS-123+Pulsed+Galvanic+Stimulator

Last edited: