Addicted to the computer

ljwwriter

How many of you are? I've finally come to terms with the fact that I can hardly live without getting online everyday. Sometimes it feels like a compulsion. I just log onto the same sites over and over again, despite the fact that I know they haven't even had time to update.

bcguitar

hey

Ya definately am addicted to my comp , I am on it almost 24/7..

i think if i didn't have a comp i would go insane

social_failure

yes, it is definately my worst addiction. i cant seem to go a day without logging in, or else i seem to feel especially horrible that day.

it gets me in the most trouble, too. my family hates me for being on it so much... :(

Coper

I stayed up until 8AM last night reading web pages. Then I slept until noon, and got up and resumed reading web pages all day today, against my better judgement, since I have other stuff I really need to get off my to-do list. Normally I would need caffeine to get by on just 4 hours of sleep, but today I haven't drunk a drop of the stuff, and I haven't really been tired. Getting really interested in something online seems to be enough of a stimulant for me. In fact, I've read that coming across a new and interesting piece of information stimulates the brain's pleasure pathways in the same way as things like gambling, sex, eating etc. So yeah ... there is something to this whole 'internet addiction' premise.

PhantomPod

Yeah, I am also ridiculously addicted to the computer. And I do the same thing where I will go to the same website over and over even though I know that it hasn't been updated yet.

Len

Yes I constantly look up news sites, social phobia world and my university website for updates regarding things like grades. I do this first thing in the morning, as soon as I get home and before I go to bed. In total about 6 or 7 times a day. Sometimes I stare at the website for 5 minutes and click refresh to see if anything has changed. Ha HA. Its funny cause its true!

Darkened

So true... my life is my PC. I spend my days at the PC.
It reaches the ridiculous... I have a lot of bookmarks in my Firefox browser and sometimes I just reach the conclusion that I'm visiting the same webistes from 30sec / 1min ago. :x
If I hadn't the PC, I would probably see some TV or would get depressed big time.

ljwwriter

So to you guys who are like me and addicted to the computer, what else do you do with your days? Do you work or anything like that? Or does the computer take up your whole day everyday? I'm curious.

I go on the computer a lot a lot a lot. I don't know If I am necessarily "addicted" to the computer, I just have nothing else to do. If I have other things to do, or places to go I would for sure choose those over this computer. The problem is that I have nothing else to do!!! So that's why I'm stuck here.

Len

ljwwriter said:
So to you guys who are like me and addicted to the computer, what else do you do with your days? Do you work or anything like that? Or does the computer take up your whole day everyday? I'm curious.

I go in the internet a lot because I am a student and have loads of free time. The internet is shit though and if my life was more fulfilled and if I wasn't scared to do things then I woulndt be wasting my time online. I think it actually relaxes me, in a way. Don't have to think about anything else. Man that is sad :(

that1guy

Psychedelicious said:
I go on the computer a lot a lot a lot. I don't know If I am necessarily "addicted" to the computer, I just have nothing else to do. If I have other things to do, or places to go I would for sure chose those over this computer. The problem is that I have nothing else to do!!! So that's why I'm stuck here.
I feel the same exact way about my comp addiction. If ive got nothing to do then I am always on the comp checking the same things over and over again, it rediculous! But its all good bc I am so busy this summer with summer school in the morning everyday (besides weekends of course
), working out every other day in the afternoon, and in the evening I either have my SAT prep class or my job. YEah im really busy but I still find ways to feed my addiction. Even when Im at my friends I cant help but ask if I can use their own comp just for me to check myspace. wow...

recluse

I work full time but all i can think about all day is going home and logging on! I feel kind of naseaous if i don't check websites, especially this one for new posts. I have had the net since 2005 and i don't know how i survived before then...Perhaps i didn't know any better then?