Addicted to the computer

milo001

me too.i think most of the peoples likes us with SAD can't live without our comp.because we rarely leave the house so what we can do is online or playing games.

Catkin

I'm insanely addicted to the computer and the internet... If I'm not at school or sleeping then I'm on the computer, usually. And I'll stay up extremely late on the computer, even on school days. If I'm tired I'll go to sleep when I come home from school!
There's just so many things I rely on the computer for. It's become a habit to instantly look something up on wikipedia if I don't know much about it, or to go on a music site if I crave a certain song, or even to check the spelling or meaning of a word on dictionary.com.
I go on so many web sites that I can't keep up with them, and if they don't serve a practical use for me (like file storage or something) eventually I just stop going, in favor of another site I found.
It's not uncommon for my tab bar to be full or almost full too.

Aside from all that, the internet is the only social interaction I can really get, even if I'm just reading forum posts and not talking myself. Plus any friends I have, don't live near me, so I have to talk to them online.

BBCC

milo001 said:
me too.i think most of the peoples likes us with SAD can't live without our comp.because we rarely leave the house so what we can do is online or playing games.

You cant be any further from the truth

Akira

I spend all of my time on the computer. I never got a job, so I don't have much to do all day. In fact, it doesn't even make sense to me. My parents have the misconception that I play games all day, but I often won't even touch any games the entire day. There are a few websites I like to check, and then I do some chatting with my two friends if they happen to be available once in a while, but I really don't know how the computer eats up my entire day, every day. It does though.

proudmummy

I have to used the computer ATLEAST once a day!!

I remember when I was living with my mum the computer broke and there was no way to fix it, I drove myself mad where I had nothing to do, and there was nothing on TV, I'd just sit and read magazines and stuff and I got so bored and skint I actually ended up going out for a change!!!

Kien

Perhaps I will not use the computer as much if I get a TV which my mother is almost forcing me to get. I'm so not eager to spend money on things. But a TV could be good. I have money. I never party or buy other things than food almost. I think I could pay for some extra channels as well.

I've been programming computers since 1980 (initially using punched cards). I've got 8088, 80486, Pentium 90, Athlons, etc in my closet. My computer addiction is finally paying off, now that ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) allows me to work. My home network consists of 4 desktop PCs, 3 laptops and a wifi PDA. I recently upgraded my switch to 16 gigabit ports and have a wireless N access point. I'm constantly checking the Costco website to see if they are selling the Asus Eee PC 901 yet (my next toy). Also I've download, sorted and tagged about a terabyte of mp3s (mostly classic rock). I've got another terabyte downloaded but not sorted, tagged and burned yet. Like Kraftwerk says "I program my home computer, beam myself into the future".

villacjs

I have no idea what I'd do without my computer. I can only remember a few days a year when I'm not on my computer (excluding holidays where I'm away). I wish it wasn't like this. I really do wish I had a job, more friends and a gf. Its just that the computer environment is "safe" for me. I'm currently playing Command & Conquer and Red Alert again.