ADDERALL for exhaustion

phobik

Just started taking adderall for untreatable depression and mainly exhaustion. Many doctors will not dispense adderall for exhaustion. I have been reading a bit, and seems that adderall may be of great help to me, as I'm tired nearly all day. Hopefully it will help. Does anyone else use adderall for treating exhaustion or hard to treat depression?? Any advice??

phobik

I have been able to sway some of my psychiatrists as to what I want to take, (such as adderall) but as far as trying to treat myself, no. I work with a psychiatrist and fine tune from there. I don't drink and have nevr tried recreational drugs or other mind altering things; well, except for exercise.

adds

I use adderall for ADD, and have taken it for about 10 years. I'm slowly trying to lower my dose, and maybe eventually stop taking it. My brain feels so weird if I don't take it for a day, so I end up taking it daily just because I'm so used to it now. I noticed that after lowering the dose, my body feels healthier. My heart beat used to be so fast that the adderall made me feel fatigued much more easily. Honestly, there's probably a reason it's difficult to obtain adderall for depression or exhaustion. In my experience, it doesn't help with depression very much anyways. Just remember that you're taking amphetamines to make yourself feel awake. Is that really what you want? Be careful with this drug.

bsammy

i highly recommend you do not take adderal for exhaustion...i have went down the road of taking stimulants like adderal, dexedrine and caffeine..they all work in the short term, they will give you almost instant energy but you will have to pay it back double...meaning, the energy it gives you it will take away in the future, you will crash hard on these stims...you will become irritable, lethargic and just downright will feel like crap after taking adderal for any length of time...there is a very good reason adderal is not prescribed for exhaustion!trust me on this..

the best thing i have found for exhaustion is exercise..sounds silly but its true..the only time i have energy is when im moving around doing things..