ADD

creep_x

i have real problems concentrating.. in fact i hardly do what i am supposed to do.. instead of it, i start surfing or listening to music.. so if i am free for the whole day i.e in a day of 24 hrs, i ll study for only like 1 hr.. all the other time will go waste.. this is terribly frustrating.. any cure for this?

TheManWithNoName

I have ADD myself, still trying to work through this, worst part is I can never stick to a strategy to get out of it.

One thing to start with at least is the first thing waking up is to write your goals for the day, think of what you need to study, any responsibilities, anything that's important for your life. That way at least you've got what you need to do written (which makes a BIG difference, so it won't become just another passing though) and established right off the bat and that way it won't drift away into the back of your mind so easily.

elProscrito

ADD is a major issue for me too.
it is so hard for me to concentrate i even start daydreaming when i'm talking with people sometimes
i've wasted years of my life because i couldn't concentrate on the work at hand

creep_x

maybe we cud also do this.. set a target & if we r not able to acheive it, then punish ourselves.. for e.g i wud always watch a late night HBO or star movies movie a day.. so i set myself targets & there was a condition that if i wasnt able to acheive them i wud skip watching movies..& since i cudnt acheive my target, i gave up watching them. I hope this experiment works for me. That way i ll want to watch the movie again & i ll be motivated to concentrate more ...
for someone else it might be not eating icecreams or not playing videogames.

Tal

I'm not sure not being able to concentrate is ADD necessarily. It could be anything from boredom, nutrition, too little sleep or too much, and anxiety and depressive issues. And lack of disicpline of course :)