A posed question..

Krista

How many of you are religious? Christian, Catholic, Hindu, whatever your beliefs.

Serious answers, if you're going to dispute the name of someone's God let it be with validated truths on your part. Not comments like "That's dumb.." or something in regards to slander. State your case, not an argument.

Just out of curiosity, I want to know everyone's views and opinions. If you seek comfort in the Lord or if you feel that's not an outlet.

mads

Well I see myself as a non beliver, but have no problems in others beliving in something, only if they are using violence to show their views .

shore_of_glass

I believe in randomness, nature and the complexity of the human mind.

But I admit that each one of the many existing religions have their benefits.

U

userremoved

I would consider myself more Agnostic now.(I think that's the right term) I like to take the moral teachings from some beliefs but I don't really devote myself to any of them. As for the existence of a Creator, since I can't claim to have unlimited knowledge of the universe and how it works I can't come to a conclusion of whether there's a supreme being or not.

AimeeSP

I believe in God. I'm Orthodox but that's not really important. I believe in God because I refuse to think that our existence just .. ends after we die.

Yeah same here, i do believe we go on after life. I used to be a Christian, well i still am sorta, just well ... kinda drifted away the past year. I'm finding it difficult to follow with this depression at times.

When i went to Church last year i had been so happy, everyone was lovely, the music was much more updated than the usual hymns, it was acoustic and rock worship music! And there was loads of young people! Alot of us seem to associate church with boring music and the elderly.

And well ... i felt safe there, i felt complete? It's hard to explain. I think even though i've drifted away from the Church, i'll never stop believing. When i'm more confident i'll go again i really enjoyed it. :)

If my anxiety is okay by August i'm hoping to go to a Christian event called Soul Survivor with a group of my friends from the Church. It looks uh - mazing! :D

Krista

I like all of your answers :) Keep 'em coming please!

As for myself...I couldn't say I'm one certain thing. I'd go for loosely based Christian. I don't go to church, I use to but for the most part they make me uncomfortable unless put in the right kind where people go for the loving experience instead of the "put your donations in the plate, please." or we'll look down on you if you don't. I believe in a multitude of things. I don't feel like I should have a middle man to talk with God, that's what praying is for. I think if you're a good person, you'll be rewarded for it in the end, I could be completely wrong but everyone needs something to believe in.

I suppose the only turn off for the whole Christian faith are their beliefs that every other persons religion is wrong. We all know about the fanatics that say if you don't believe in Him you're going to Hell but when you're condemning others because of their faith, I have a problem with it. I won't bash anyone for what makes them feel good, have faith in something and allows them to be a better person.

mrb

Christian me .... the lord is our shepperd we shall not want , he maketh me lie down in green pastures ect ect ect lol

Lea

Banned
I don't like to go to church much. Everybody there seems to be so damn religious, and I feel alone, cut out, because the ceremonies don't make me any more religious. Also I am trying to imagine what the people are like in real life. What if I asked someone tomorrow a favor, would they help me? I don't make myself illusions because the churchgoers are not any beter than normal people. So what is the church and religious belief for if it doesn't make people better?

I do have some philosophies and spiritual beliefs myself, but that's a private thing, I can't see why there should be the need to go to church to influence what someone believes. It rather seems to me like a mass hypnosis/brainwash (?), what's going on in some churches..

Yes of course, there are very helpful and genuine religious people. But I guess the majority of them are hypocrites. (Optimistic view ::p:).

Last edited:

Krista

I don't like to go to church much. Everybody there seems to be so damn religious, and I feel alone, cut out, because the ceremonies don't make me any more religious. Also I am trying to imagine what the people are like in real life. What if I asked someone tomorrow a favor, would they help me? I don't make myself illusions because the churchgoers are not any beter than normal people. So what is the church and religious belief for if it doesn't make people better?

I do have some philosophies and spiritual beliefs myself, but that's a private thing, I can't see why there should be the need to go to church to influence what someone believes. It rather seems to me like a mass hypnosis/brainwash (?), what's going on in some churches..

Yes of course, there are very helpful and genuine religious people. But I guess the majority of them are hypocrites. (Optimistic view ::p:).

I agree, completely. Going to church doesn't make me feel any closer to God. If anything it only serves to make me feel less and less like everyone else, here they are chanting and dancing around. Dropping people like bombs in the "name of the spirit" and I'm wondering what the hell I'm suppose to be doing, standing, looking like. I know half those people are pretending to be swept up in the whole thing like I am because who honestly can knock a person out by putting their hands on their head and speaking a bunch of mumbo jumbo?

I simply follow my rules of, try to do good with myself and help others. I think I'll be rewarded in the end for my efforts and if not, what the hell do I care. I'm dead, lol.

davidburke

i'm an atheist. i have no problem with religious people though its just what they believe which i don't agree with. I don't really like arguing with ppl about it. I can understand how it can make ppl feel better in some cases but not for me

Last edited:

Lonelykitsune

Catholic by birth but my beleif isnt strong,mum takes me to mass occasionly but thats about the height of it.I feel theres something more out there but i dunno if any religions got it right.Guess im agnostic now then.

Plus the findings of the ryan and murphy reports in ireland pretty much sickened me,and the whole cover up was vile.

leafy

I am a Christian, i go to the Seventh Day Adventist church. But I strongly believe that people have a freedom to choose whatever they want. Life is a gift, you can do with it what you want. I personally wish everyone would choose to believe in God :) because I see him as unbelievably good and I see how deeply sad he feels when someone chooses to have nothing to do with him. And I'm often sad that people don't see what I see or know what I have had the privilege to see from the Bible. It's not my job to convince people to believe in God, I can share what I have learned.. God does the convincing.

I think the prophecies of the Bible are amazing. It takes time to get into the Bible and understand it, but it's so worth it imo.

Oh my, I could go on forever :p

Luke1993

I would like there to be a God, but I don't think there is. Every debate I see the Christians never win. I really wish we had purposes in life. But I don't think we do. So I'm an atheist.