A Feb. 14th exercise

Tiercel

Lots of us tend to dislike this date. Lots of us are lonely, and have difficulties initiating contact with others. So instead of sulking, let's do something about it!

If you're up for it, just post in this thread. Tell us if you're male or female, and who you'd like to receive a Valentine from (male/female/both/other?). Then, on the 14th, send away! You'll brighten someone's day, and get something nice as well.

But if you want to receive, you'll have to give as well! You'll have to send one to at least one other person who posts in this thread. Sending to multiple people will be encouraged, but I realize that we're all afflicted with the same problem. Many of us know what it's like to not receive anything, so try to keep that in mind when deciding how many people you want to send something to.

What to write? You don't have to write something specifically to <Username>. Just think of nice way to show someone how much you care about him/her. It can be as simple or as creative as you can imagine. Just please refrain from anything sexual, as unwanted sexual advances are frowned upon by polite society. Once you think of something nice, find a user whose criteria you meet. Our profiles have places for Visitor's Messages, or Private Messages if you'd rather not post it where everyone can read it.

Example: User A posts that he's a male, and would like to receive something from a female. User A then thinks of things he would like to do for someone he loves. User A likes to cook, so he describes a meal he would cook to User X. User A also enjoys walking in parks at dawn, so he tells User Y about such a walk. By the time he messages User Z, User A has decided that he's more than just a one-trick pony. User Z receives a message describing an outdoor adventure at dusk followed by a fancy dinner, and two tickets to the thing User Z loves the most. User A receives messages from Users Q, M, and Y.

So you'll feel good about receiving something, and you'll get the chance to say something that you normally don't get the chance to say. And you have several days to think about it.

Who's with me?

I'll even start things off. I'm a male, and anyone can send me something. And I plan on sending out multiple messages on the 14th.... ;)