mrb

go meet her or you will regret it if you dont , its scary but if you keep running away she will give up on you , then you will be really annoyed with your self .... i was paranoid when i met my gf in ireland online , but i flew over there met her never looked back , that was over 5 years ago , just do it mate ;)

Yes thank you, I also said to her that I will be really shy when I meet her for the first time and she told me the same, that makes me feel better.

mrb

Yes thank you, I also said to her that I will be really shy when I meet her for the first time and she told me the same, that makes me feel better.

yep told my gf that she was ok with it , but my gfs not shy she wants to talk to the intire planet , and there brothers and sisters , women eh cant live with them, cant live with out them :cool: ::p:

Krista

It's alright to be scared hun but if you over think it you'll talk yourself out of it. You could miss an opportunity to meet a possible new girlfriend or even a very good friend, if you do though it'd be immensely brave on your part :)

AimeeSP

Go for it! :) I've met a few friends online and it really wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. Alot (or well all of us social phobics really lol)... Alot of us tend to think the worst before an event happens, and usually it turns out better than expected. :)

So she understands and will be feeling the same. :) Go for it hehe! Like mrb said, you'll only regret not taking that chance otherwise.

Julesie

I've never met someone but I've been best friends with a girl online for two years. Possibly three. We really want to meet despite my anxiety. I already warned her theirs a likeliness I may have a panic attack or be ultra shy and quiet but she is very understanding and we are basically twins with how we think, act, talk etc. I'm hoping it will go well.
She'll be coming from America (Arizona) to visit me in London England =)

I wish you the best of luck if you meet your friend =)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Just let her know that you're shy, i don't think she will mind it. I say you should meet her, don't miss the chance ;)

Pink_Paula

I think you should definitely meet her, if you don't you'll always be wondering "what if" Sure it's going to be scary and you'll be out of your comfort zone, but i think you have to at least try to meet her otherwise you'll always be beating yourself up over it!

Littlewilly

I think u should go 4 it. Believe me ur only regret it later like i did.
I did'nt realise 2 after many years of thinking that girls/women arn't interested in me that sum of them were. (I think).

Remus

Staff member
Yeah I've done this.

Two are now best freinds of mine.

You meet some nutters though, they are not how they appear online lol

bunny_design_01.jpg

Yeah I've met a few people from the chat. My mom does it too, She likes meeting new people too.
And i'm going to organize a meeting for everyone from my site with MCDD
that's like 200 people / families
Because I have a club for everyone with it.
I feel really good about it, because these people will understand me
(MCDD looks like Social Phobia, also being afraid of social situations and other symptons)
And I made some friends from the chat in real too.. ^_^

AidanKay

The only people I've met online were through friends I knew. I knew for a fact that oe of the girls liked me, and was pretty sure about another (though at the time, I wasn't really interested in girls. I was about 14 - 15. Weird eh? :p).

Either way, go for it.

The few experiences I've had with people I've met online was worth it. Though as I said, they were friends of a friend so I don't think my time really counts.

Cheers,

-Aidan.

xSleepy

not yet, but i hope to soon. ive known a few people here for a couple years, it would be nice to see them in person at least once.

And one of these days when I have more money Im totally gonna go see my friend lanburger in the uk whether she likes it or not! And were gonna ride double decker buses and eat a ton of chocolate flakes thingys. Damn the U.S. for not selling them here!!

jaypee06

ive only experienced this once... didn't turn out so well... i think it was a big factor in developing my social phobia